Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex at 15

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex at 15
chelseableu
Neophyte
Member # 26334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelseableu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 15 years old and i had sex with my boyfriend that i have been going out with for only 4 months...but i didnt know that we were just going to do that it just happend and we were drinking that night so i dont really remember but all i remember isthat we had sex and lost my virginity and so did he...... is that bad???
Posts: 5 | From: LA, Callifornia, USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it's bad. Did you even use protection? The fact that you don't even remember it is bad. You should've been far more careful.

As far as readiness goes, that's really up for you to decide. If you're comfortable with the fact that you lost your virginity and you're happy with who you lost it to, than it's really not horrible in those aspects. I lost my virginity at age 14, but I was ready in almost every way possible. You don't really sound like you were. There's a readiness checklist around here somewhere. But I don't know how to link. So.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Consider also that the age of consent in the state of California is 18.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/california.htm

One or both of you could be convicted of a crime if someone decides to prosecute

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI? We don't market in "good" or "bad" judgments here.

Having sex in a haze with a new partner tends not to be the smartest choice ever: often partners in that sitch don't practice safer sex or use birth control properly. Limits and boundaries needed by one or both partners oftena aren't upheld or respected. As well, getting so drunk you can't remember events is a very poor move for your general health and well-being.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.