Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » how long does it take..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how long does it take..
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok lets say my girlfriend and i had sex a week ago and if she gets tested tomorrow down there as in if she has had intercourse before. but my question is how long does lets say foreign fluids stay down there? is it a posibility that by then there wont be no fluids frm me ? im not sure if im being clear here.i hope some one understands my question if not ill try to explain it in another way..
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you're asking if traces of your sperm will be found in her vagina if she gets a Pap smear or some other culture taken from her vagina?

Generally, gynecologists suggest abstaining from sex for 48 hours prior to a pelvic exam.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really understand what you mean by being tested... there is absolutely no honest test to tell whether or not someone has had intercourse before, if that's what you mean.

Also, you're wondering if you ejaculated in her if there would be any traces of your semen still inside her? While there is a slim possibility some sperm are still living inside of her, any actual semen would have come out along with her own discharge by now (gravity does come into effect here); anything that could still even be in there from your body (which there really probably isn't, since semen would have come out, sperm would not be very likely of being alive still anyway, and when sperm is in the body for a certain length anyway the body would treat it as a foreign substance that needs to be removed and destroyed by other cells, anyway) would be completely unistinguishable from what is naturally in her vagina.

Sorry if that didn't answer your question, it was a little unclear.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok let me put it in other words. me and my girl had sex about 3 weeks ago and her mom doesnt know. but i believe her mom wants to take her to take a test to determine if she has had sexual acts in the past. her mom thinks shes a virgin. but my girl lost it to me about 2 months ago. so im wondering since we havent had sex for 3 weeks because of my girl being worried. will anything come up on the tests as in my fluids or something else. or will she be okay and she shouldnt be worried her mom finding out she has had sex before.
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless it has been within 48 or there was significant trauma to the tissues in the area, a doctor is NOT going to know if she has had sex or not just by looking.

Now, you can inform your girlfriend of her rights. As a patient, she DOES NOT have to submit to a pelvic exam if she does not want to. That is her LEGAL RIGHT. If the doctor examines her without her consent, it is called ASSAULT.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
((Posted at the same time!))

Like I said, there is no test that can show a girl has had sex. The only thing that would come close would be a positive pregnancy test or if she had contracted an STD; and even then that doesn't prove she has had intercourse.

Also, like I said, any of your ejaculate that would have been inside her body would have come out within a day or two and beyond that would be undetectable.

The only time anyone is ever even administered an exam that finds semen is in the case of rape- which is more of a legal thing to identify the rapist, not necessarily a necessary medical procedure or one that is performed on any other woman in a regular checkup.

So unless she's pregnant or has an STD, there is no possible way of her mom OR any doctor knowing she's sexually active unless she shares that information.

So we've all basically already answered your question.

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 06-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 06-28-2005).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

yes thnx you have answered my question so i hope there is no worries when ever i see her mom.=\...

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.