Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Missed Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed Pill
smo34
Neophyte
Member # 20940

Icon 5 posted      Profile for smo34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on orthotricyclen lo. I dropped one of my white pills and never found it, so I completely missed taking it. I have taken all of my other pills regularly. I had sex a few days ago. We used a condom, but I was wondering if my pill was still effective.
Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should read the instructions that come with your specific pill. It might say (mine does) that if you miss one pill no backup protection is needed. Of course, it's good to use a backup method because nothing is foolproof. Since you did, you're probably all right. If you're worried, call your doctor and ask if your pill will be less effective having missed one. If you recently had sex, you could enquire about emergency contraception.
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always, always always, ALWAYS use a backup method. It teaches responcibility and it's extra safety.
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smo34
Neophyte
Member # 20940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smo34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next part of this question...
If I missed one pill, does that mean that I should have started my next pill pack on Saturday instead of Sunday (because I was one pill short)?

I didn't do that (because I never thought of it). I had sex while I was taking the placebos. I've heard that you're only protected during the placebo week provided that you start your next pack of pills on time (since I was one short and still started the same day as usual, I started a day late).

I've made lots of phone calls, and no one has been able to help me. The information with my pills hasn't provided any info either. I'm so confused and very concerned. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.