Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex, pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex, pregnant
warrior
Neophyte
Member # 19933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex 6 days after i began my period. We used protection and he pulled out before ejaculating. We check the condom and their was a little tear in the condom. What are my risk considering he pulled out with no ejaculation and it was 6 days after my period began.
Posts: 7 | From: hh | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warrior
Neophyte
Member # 19933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry for double posting i know i am not supposed but i did not read my post until i posted it. I wanted to add that the tear was in the top of the condom, not where the head would be, but the end where you would unroll the condom.
Posts: 7 | From: hh | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icy_gal
Neophyte
Member # 20584

Icon 7 posted      Profile for icy_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here's the deal, short and sweet.

First of all, pulling out is NOT a good method of birth control. Even WITH a condom, cuz it can tear on the way out or slip.

Even if he DIDN'T ejaculate, if you got pre-cum anywhere near you, make sure you get a pregnancy test to take. Also, in the future, make sure you use LOTS of lube so that there's less risk of the condom tearing.

For now, try to stay calm and just remember this for the future.
Until later, talk to your boyfriend just in case, and research better ways of birth control. :-)

Posts: 22 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warrior
Neophyte
Member # 19933

i did not get precum anywhere near me. we were having sex and then decided to stop, we were not using it as a form of birth control. we were fully aware of the risk, but we stopped because of personal reasons. We used the condom and there was a tear near the top, where no cum would have been able to come out of.
icy_gal
Neophyte
Member # 20584

Icon 14 posted      Profile for icy_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry.

You asked, I told you. You sound pretty safe after what your last post said. Making sure you're safe is a key thing to keep in mind, and it sounds like you did.

Anything else you need? Just ask!

Posts: 22 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You wouldn't know if you had gotten pre-cum anywhere near you. If there was a hole in the condom and you were having PIV intercourse, then you probably were exposed to pre-cum. however, it does sound like you don't have a huge chance. take a test in 10 days, or get EC within 72 hours.
Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.