Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » i'm late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm late
LaNy13
Neophyte
Member # 19369

Icon 4 posted      Profile for LaNy13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok i started the pill about 2 in a half weeks ago and that's also when i took a pregnacy test and it came back negative. then five days after i started the pill my boyfriend and i had sex and so i took the mornig after pill but my period is late is that because i just started the pill or should i take another pregancy test?

------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I practice safe sex because I love you!

Posts: 26 | From: Riverside,Ca | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did you take your first active pill? You said 2.5 weeks ago....I'm guessing you're not into the inactive pills yet then. Your period shouldn't start until you've started taking the inactive (placebo) pills, and possibly not until you've been taking those for 3 or 4 days. If it hasn't shown it's pretty little red face by the time you've started your next pack of pills, take a pregnancy test just to be sure. And honestly, it's not a good idea to consider yourself fully protected until you've finished the entire first pack.
Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaNy13
Neophyte
Member # 19369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaNy13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok the nurse that gave me the pills said start the day after i got them. so i didn't start them on sunday and i did't start them when my period came. so would that really miss up my cicle?

------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Posts: 26 | From: Riverside,Ca | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on your first post, there are a number of things that could be making your cycle wonky. First, starting the pill can throw off your cycle - it takes time for your body to get used to the hormones in the pill. You shouldn't expect your period until the placebo pill week under normal circumstances, so that might be part of it too. Then you took the morning after pill, which I believe can also make your cycle weird out.

So I'm a little confused about what's going on now. When did you start the pills? Have you? If you have, you may have to wait a couple of pill cycles for your period cycle to even out. Plus there was the stuff above. (also, it's good to take the pill for a full cycle before you consider yourself protected from pregnancy, so use condoms too.)

Wait it out. Take the pill like you're supposed to. And eventually things should even out.

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaNy13
Neophyte
Member # 19369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaNy13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok well I finally got my period yesterday. But I started taking the pill october 27 and I just got my period yesterday novermber 19 and i'm on the green pills the nonactive ones or what evre. so how many months til it should start to get reagular again?

------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds about right, right now. That is, your period is going to be based on the pill cycle, not whatever it was before. So having your period (which is actually withdrawl bleeding and not exactly like a "period") on the green/nonactive pills is normal and is what's regular.

So, sounds like it's about normal now.

------------------

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaNy13
Neophyte
Member # 19369

so it's not my period? so there's a chance I may be pregnant? and if it's nto my period then when should it come?

------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

I'm sorry. My response was a little confusing.

It is your period. Yes. It is normal and what should be expected on the pill. If you get your period and it is normal you are almost certainly not pregnant.

What I was trying to say in my last post is that now that you're on the pill, the bleeding that you have is caused by not having the pill hormones in your body and is a little different than the bleeding you would have off the pill (which is caused by an egg not being implanted in your uterine lining). But it means the same thing - no pregnancy.

------------------

LaNy13
Neophyte
Member # 19369

o ok i understnad now thanx a bunch for your info!

------------------
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.