Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Advice to comfort girlfriend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice to comfort girlfriend?
whertz
Neophyte
Member # 18433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whertz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
After three un successful tries at having sex, my girlfriend and I (both virgins prior to this) were able to have sex. We took it slow and made sure both of us were aroused, we used a fair amount of lube to try to have things work better. It worked and went well but afterwords she said it hurt her. I apologized because thats the last thing I want to do. She wasnt mad and said lots of girls have the same experience.
I love this girl, and we have been goin out for nearly a year. I guess my question is what can I do to comfort her for both the pain, and just the new idea of us having sex. I want to reassure her that nothing has to change and i still love her dearly. What things can I do to get this point across. Also I wondered if people (women most likely) would come forward and list things that they do NOT like men doing, or just things that they would want men to be aware of when it comes to sex. I appreciate all who reply.
thanks

Posts: 6 | From: topsham, maine, usa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, everybody is different you know. How about you ask HER about what she wants and doesn't want? Communication is the key. Questions such as:
Does that hurt?
Do you want me to go slower or faster?
Tell me what you want me to do.(Up a bit, down a bit, that's juuust right.... type directions are good)
Is this angle okay?

Out of the bedroom, get in the habit of talking about it. Talk about what you did right and wrong, and what you would like to do next time. If you are uncomfortable talkin g about sex, it's a sign that you are uncomfortable with the act itself in some way. Think about it as a work in progress, it takes a few times before you work out what works for you both, and good communication greatly speeds up the process.

Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icy_gal
Neophyte
Member # 20584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icy_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crimson's got the right idea. Although I'v never had p/v sex before, my boyfried makes sure everything is ok and not painful.

However, we do talk about everything, which can make you much more excited for when you're about to have sex again.

By the way, your girlfriend is SO lucky to have you! A caring and concerned guy is somewhat hard to find, and you sound like a rare jewl to me. So just keep up the loving and make sure you guys talk. Other than that, don't worry! And make sure everything's going well! ;-)

Posts: 22 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously the only way you can know for sure how to comfort her is to ask her. But if you want some pointers on when to ask her, the first time is easiest when you're totally alone and have no risk of being walked on in, so you have have a private conversation. Also, I find it helps if we are not about to start something sexual, so we can just talk. Then just ask her and tell her your concerns. She'll probably be touched that you are looking out for her like that.
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiffanyLynn
Activist
Member # 20801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiffanyLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww thats so cute! like icy gal said your girlfriend is so lucky to have you. It sounds like you are on the right track. Just take things slow. it is a natural human reaction for a girl to have SOME kind of discomfort her first time no matter what pretty much. don't worry it'll get better...i've never had p/v sex so i couldn't tell ya but thats what i hear .
Posts: 67 | From: Louisiana! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.