Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Safety issue 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Safety issue 2
Vtechisgay
Neophyte
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vtechisgay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an add on to my question that I recently posted) How do both of us really know if somethings wrong? I mean so far we've been ok. If I CAN get pregnant from this, how will I know. Its very confusing. Is there a good chance that both of us will be ok and nothing happened. What is an emergancy contreception? (thank you for your time)
Posts: 4 | From: CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I CAN get pregnant from this, how will I know.

How will you know if you're pregnant or not? By taking a pregnancy test.

And yes, you certainly CAN get pregnant from unprotected penetration.

quote:
Is there a good chance that both of us will be ok and nothing happened.

You might get lucky. But really, this is not something to gamble with. You do have a significant risk of pregnancy, and pretending it's not there won't make that risk go away.

quote:
What is an emergancy contreception?

I hate to say this, but you would know that already if you had read the article I linked you to. Here it is again:

Emergency Contraception

By the way, I just noticed that you already posted these exact same questions and got answered twice already:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/008649.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/008659.html

Re-posting the exact same questions is not only against the board guidelines, it won't change the answers.

When you first posted about this, on the 8th, you might still have had a chance to get emergency contraception.

By now (the 13th), it's certainly too late for that, and you're going to have to wait until you can take a pregnancy test (when it's been at least 10-14 days since you had sex, or if your period is late).

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 11-13-2004).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.