Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Make love, Have sex, F***

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Make love, Have sex, F***
curemyheart
Activist
Member # 15977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curemyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think is the difference between the three?
Posts: 90 | From: Under the California Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, technically they all tend to mean the same thing.

Otherwise, there's definitely a distinction in connotation. "Make love," for me, tends to be something I read when scanning bad romance novels or watching soap operas, not that I do either very often. It's really not a term I'm likely to ever use in my sex life--too syrupy and sticky sweet and fake-sounding. (There was an Onion article titled something like, "Area Man Taken Aback By Girlfriend's Request to 'Make Love' ")

"Have sex" is usually what it sounds like: sex. However you define sex. That's usually what I call it--it's simple, direct, doesn't really have a whole lot of connotation one way or the other.

"Fuck" tends to be used in a more derogatory fashion--I mean, think of all the times it's used in ways that have nothing to do with sex.

So, in a very broad general overview, at least from my vantage point: "make love" tends to be more romantic and sappy, "have sex" is pretty much telling it like it is, and "fuck" tends toward the vulgar.

------------------
I can count to purple backwards!

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babyboo
Neophyte
Member # 20320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i feel to make ur life easyer
love is slow careing n showes a sine. itz usally one position and verry intamate

sex is different positions whell for me anyway and is usally shorter harder n faster

fuck is usally slang for sex or love just used in a different term so people dont feel funny say "lets make love"
sry about the spelling

Posts: 8 | From: ny | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.