Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » gspot orgasms................

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gspot orgasms................
Fox Lover
Neophyte
Member # 19555

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Fox Lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for asking a repeated boring question but.. Yah... My boyfriend thinks that since I never orgasm during sex that there is something wrong with him. I tried telling him that some women's bodies just won't let them have a spot orgasm cuz that's whut I've heard. Is this true? Or is it just that it takes a LONG time to reach it? Is there a way that I CAN actually do it? I would like to be able to.. And he would like it if I could too.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a start, orgasms don't come in different brands - there aren't different "clitoral orgasms" and "vaginal orgasms" or "G-spot orgasms".

Secondly, for most women, any orgasm at all is going to require some clitoral stimulation.

That's why the majority of women can't reach orgasm from intercourse on its own. It's nothing wrong with you or him - just how human bodies work.

You might (or might not) enjoy G-spot stimulation, but you're likely to find that it's not enough all by itself, without some clitoral stimulation as well.

If you want to reach orgasm during intercourse, then there are some easy options - you can add in some extra stimulation by hand (your hand or his hand).

But it's a good idea to remember that orgasm isn't the "goal" of sex. You shouldn't have to feel that you "have" to have an orgasm to prove something about yourself, your partner, or your relationship.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fox Lover
Neophyte
Member # 19555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox Lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't. We do fine without it it's just something he's always anticipated. So it is just kind of something he'll have to get used to.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an FYI: plenty of women DO orgasm during heterosexual intercourse... because their partners or they are ALSO engaging in other activities at the same time.

In other words, if you do want to reach orgasm during intercourse, and clitoral stimulation is something that tends to get you there, some manual stimulation (with hands and fingers) during intercourse, by you and/or your partner, is easily doable.

So, if he's invested in having that happen, there are things he can be doing which some other men do with their female partners during intercourse for enjoyment and orgasm.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazydaisy_123
Neophyte
Member # 19193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazydaisy_123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this one is for the guys... and i guess any girl who might know the answer... but when a girl stimulates herself during sex, do guys feel like they are not doing something right or that they cant make their partner cum?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some guys might feel that way, others might not. That's one of those questions where there really is no "right" answer, especially because there are far too many people out in the world, and any answer would more than likely be a generalization.

It's more important to address that there is no "right" or "wrong" way to have sex, such as Logic and Heather have mentioned both in this thread and several times before. And, really, there's far too much tied up with the whole "making the girl cum" idea, anyway. An orgasm isn't a requisite for sex, and sex can surely be enjoyed without one. IMHO, that's the more important idea to get across, really, rather than perpetuating this notion that you're sexually inept if you can't cause a woman to orgasm just by intercourse, especially when a great many women out there can't acheive an orgasm without direct clitorial stimulation.

(edited to finish a train of thought I accidentally derailed.)

------------------
Tim, as in "Donate"
Scarleteen Advocate

"Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known only to him by his heart, and his friends can only read the title." -- Virginia Woolf.

[This message has been edited by Dude_who_writes (edited 08-30-2004).]

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Zeeb
Neophyte
Member # 16930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_Zeeb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to answer daisy, I would have to say that it's a bit of a loaded answer. (see a post I just did about a minute ago about this topic). I have so far never been able to give my girlfriend an orgasm no matter what I've tried. I've asked her if perhaps I could assist in her masturbating, if that's what she needed in order to cum, but she's declined. Ultimately, when I think about it, I really just want her to experience an orgasm, and however she needs to do that is fine by me, but I confess I would feel rather...inadequate...if she could only cum by stimulating herself. So in a nutshell, I guess it CAN hurt a guy's feelings if a girl has to "do it" herself.
Posts: 6 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.