Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » RE: Fingering -Fire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RE: Fingering -Fire
ScreamingInfidelities
Neophyte
Member # 19630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScreamingInfidelities     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across Fire's question and remembered something.

I know we're not supposed to share details, but one time, my boyfriend was fingering me.. and he was going pretty hard, it actually hurt. When he finished, there was blood, all over his hands, the bed, everywhere. At first I thought that he might have cut me.. but he said he probably broke the hymen? - if that's the correct word.

Could that be possible?

Posts: 12 | From: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScreamingInfidelities
Neophyte
Member # 19630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScreamingInfidelities     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, we had intercourse for the first time a few weeks later, and it hardly hurt.
Posts: 12 | From: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, most women who have hymens in the first place (since some are born without them) find that they have been eroded before first sexual activity anyway (through childhood accidents, falling down, gymnastics, horseback riding, tampon use, masturbation, etc.).

Based upon your description, I'd guess that he probably cut you or abraded the delicate tissue, thus causing the bleeding. A hymen is just a thin layer of tissue partially covering the vaginal opening. A portion of the bleeding might have resulted from some stretching or tearing of that (if indeed you had one at the time), but I'd really guess otherwise from what you've said. Along with that, if someone is preforming manual sex on you to the point where you are experiencing pain, then you need to speak up because pain can often indicate that some sort of damage is being done. Some latex gloves and lubricant would solve this problem nicely, along with a somewhat more gentle touch from your partner. That tissue is very delicate and very easy to injure.

(As Miz Scarlet said in the other post though, really huge amounts of blood are unlikely unless you had started your period at the time.)

Along with that, pain during earily sexual intercourse is often not caused by the presence of a hymen (especially since one is not always present). Often women experience pain due to anxiety or fear of pain that causes them to tense up or from a simple lack of arousal for whatever reason.

Rather than starting a whole new topic for something that is a response to someone else's topic, next time reply in the original topic instead. It just helps us keep things neater and is easier for the search engine to locate. Thanks!

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 08-27-2004).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.