Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Please help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help.
AmandaC
Activist
Member # 11638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, me & my b/f where having sex this morning
in the middle of it I started bleeding not real bad,i was just like spotting like u do when u 1st start ur period.Is this normal or is something wrong.I heard that sometimes when u get fingered that that can happen.I am not a virgin so it's not like it was my 1st time or anything I am just worried cause this has never happneded to me beofore thanks!~!

Posts: 41 | From: Richmond Virginia United States | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you highly aroused from other activities first before penetration, using lubricant and latex gloves?

Because not having even just one of those things going on can be the cause of bleeding due to abrasion.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaC
Activist
Member # 11638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanks for ur help,um actually we did not use a condom. And he was fingering me pretty hard right beforeI started bleeding. and also is there any way that i could of been pregnate and had a miscarriage
Posts: 41 | From: Richmond Virginia United States | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't become pregnant and miscarry on the same day. In fact, even getting pregnent the very same day you have a pregnancy risk is unusual: conception usually takes a few days.

Future reference: don't go without birth control and safer sex precautions if you're not ready for a kid or an STI. That's a horrible thing to gamble with. Just don't.

Too, rough manual penetration tends not to be very pleasant. If you were really enjoying it, and very well lubricated, fine. But abrasions and spotting say either or both of those things are unlikely, so next time, you need to communicate and talk with your partner, letting him know what feels good, and to slow down when something doesn't, as WELL as being safe and smart.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmandaC
Activist
Member # 11638

Well,I have been on birth control for about 4 years and me and my b/f have been having sex for about 2 yr's
Heather
Member # 3

For future reference, it's really helpful to provide all the information relevant to your situation from the get-go.

Being on the pill (if that's what you mean by birth control), is relevant. if you've been on the pill an dtaking it properly, you don't have a pregnancy risk, though pregancy risks have nothing to do with bleeding from abrasions due to manual penetration.

How long you've been sexually active isn't relevant. You can be unaroused, not use lubricant, or be too rough (or not say something when someone is being too rough), no matter how long you've been sexually active for.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.