Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » penis smell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: penis smell
Kat_12345
Neophyte
Member # 11573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat_12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, my boyfriend and I have been going out for a while now and we would like to move our relationship on to the next level (i.e. giving each other oral). The problem is that I really dislike the smell of his penis. When I roll his foreskin back there are some whitish bits on it, is this because he isnt washing it properly? And if so how do I politely tell him to clean up?!
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Honey, you've had a long day. Wouldn't you feel better once you've had a shower?"

subtle and effective. yes, the white stuff under his foreskin is smegma, and it's the result of not cleaning enough.

once he's out of the shower, you roll a condom on him. then you can go to town. Yes, that's right, i said CONDOM. read more about how to enjoy oral sex safely: Mouthing Off On Oral Sex

------------------
Summertime, and the living's easy...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat_12345
Neophyte
Member # 11573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat_12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for reply Gumdrop. The other day he had a shower a couple of hours beforehand and it still smelt, would this be because he is just washing aound it? If there are any guys out there, would you be offended if your girlfriend was instructing you how to wash yourself?! Also, would flavoured condoms help(what with sense of taste and smell being so closely linked)?
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flavoured condoms are always a good idea for oral sex, and yes, they should help with the smell and taste.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If, even after washing, there's still some funkiness, it's possible that he's having a weird reaction to the soap he's using. For some reason, there's this particular brand of soap my fiancé uses that, when it comes in contact with his genitals, produces the yuckiest smell of peaches and funk. It's not that my fiancé's dirty, it's just this soap reacted badly to his skin, and also didn't wash him very clean. So if it's a persistent issue, I don't think your boyfriend would be offended if you asked him about his washing techniques.

And Wordy McWord to the flavoured condoms, especially the Trustex ones. They are faboo.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acraine
Activist
Member # 13270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acraine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best way best for some is for you both to take a bath, and have him rinse out the foreskin. Make sure to avoid any sexual contact in a tub however, those sperm are awfully good swimmers.
Posts: 142 | From: SD CA USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.