Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Marriage and Sex......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage and Sex......
SexyChik911
Activist
Member # 11050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SexyChik911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, ok lets say a couple has been married for a while like 20 or more years lol which is pretty good. do you think they still have sex? and when a guys in his like 50s is it hard to get erections or not good ones or what cuz i want to know whn i get married

------------------
i luv boyz

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurae
Activist
Member # 10891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it depends on the couple.

And I think that whether on not the 50+ year old man gets eretions is up to the 50+ year old man.

Everyone is different.

------------------
Laurae

"Music is essentially useless, as life is." George Santayana (1863 - 1952)

Posts: 60 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a_c_munson
Activist
Member # 12477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a_c_munson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50 year old couples have sex
70 year old couples have sex
90 year old couples have sex
Your parents probably have sex weather they are still together or not.
I know couples in nursing homes still have sex, as do singles in nursing homes.

Posts: 94 | From: plymouth,mn,usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and when a guys in his like 50s is it hard to get erections or not good ones or what

As has been said, that depends on the 50-year-old man. Bodies aren't machines, and even teenage guys may sometimes experience trouble getting erections, for all sorts of reasons.

As a guy gets older, it may take him a bit longer to get an erection, and after he's ejaculated, the "refractory period" before he can get another may be longer.

That doesn't mean he'll necessarily have any erectile dysfunction; it's just how bodies change as they age (and some men find that as they age they can enjoy more stimulation before ejaculating, which can be a bonus).

And of course sex isn't necessarily about erections anyway ...

Sex isn't something that young people have a monopoly on, ya know .

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 05-29-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do we hve a topic on old age and sex lying around?

If you pick up this month's Bust magazine, the theme is elderly women and sex. There are some interesting articles including some words by the illustrious (and 73-year-old) Betty Dodson.

The elderly can continue to have sex, health permitting. If they are fit to climb 3 flights of stairs, generally, they can handle sex. Post-menopausal women may have trouble lubricating, and elderly men with cardiovascular conditions may have trouble with erections. But there are no rules against it.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UKgirl
Activist
Member # 11280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there was actually a lot of concern a couple of years back about the growing rates of HIV and other STDs in the elderly. The older women had gone through the menopause, so had no concerns about possible pregnancy, and STD awareness had been targeted at the young, so elderly people, especially in nursing homes, were having a hell of a lot of, often unprotected and promiscious sex. just thought that it was interesting, and also proof that the elderly can be really randy too.
Posts: 166 | From: London, England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SexyChik911
Activist
Member # 11050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SexyChik911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, like the boner question. is it hard for a women t get wet even after menopause and how old do u have to be to get wet and how old are u when u dont get wet anymre ( if there is an age where you dont)

------------------
i luv boyz

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Even young women can have trouble lubricating. That's why God created water soluable lube!

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God. with a little help from aerospace chemists, among other people!
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 2 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex happening after being married for a while or aging beyond the milestone can happen. There isn't such "rule" for anyone not to have sex even elderly people. Married people even after they've had their share of kids, still engage in intercourse. Of course, it wouldn't be just for pleasure kicks, it's also a way to show your emotional love to your spouse or partner in the most intimate way possible. A couple i know who will married 25 yrs this July have a 22 yr old daughter, and an 19 yr old son and both of their kids are out of the house so it would be obvious that they have some privacy time to themselves alone in the house So that answers ur question

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it happens, the person with the hottest and happiest sex life of anyone I know has been monogamously married to the same guy for 30 years .
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.