Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Birth Control Problem!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control Problem!!!!!!
Serene2000
Neophyte
Member # 10356

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Serene2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a big problem with my birth control. My Planned Parenthood Clinic is only open for two hours on Thursday nights, and I can't make it there this Thursday. My last pack of birth control pills runs out this Saturday, and I can't find anybody who would be able to get it for me. What would be the effect of me missing one week of birth control, other than having to use condoms?
Posts: 11 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't think there'd be too many problems as long as you get back on as soon as possible. Just make sure you use condoms and be extra carefull.
Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you miss one week of your pills and hence have a two week break (i.e. the week of your placebos, and the week off), getting back will be like starting on the pill again, and it's quite likely you would experience berakthrough bleeding if you simply re-started the pill after a two week break.

It's really important to talk to the health professional who provided you with the pill. If you can't get hold of that person because the clinic is closed, call another local PP.

You might have to wait until you menstruate again to start on the next pack. You will need back up for at least one whole cycle, better more.

Are you sure there is no one who can get it for you? Is there another clinic you can call? Could your normal GP prescribe one pack for you, just this one time? Could a local pharmacy give you the pill, and you hand in a prescription from PP later?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"it may look like i'm moving but i'm standing still."
bob dylan

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-04-2003).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.