Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » diseases??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: diseases??
confusedgrl89
Neophyte
Member # 13255

Icon 5 posted      Profile for confusedgrl89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay this is my first time posting on this site. i'm only 14 but two years ago i messed around with a guy. he was 15 and i was 12. he had nothing on and i only had a g-string on and that was shear. well of course are privates rubbed up against each other. about a few months later i learned from my school that u dont have to engage in sex to get STD'S or some kind of sexual disease. for two years now i have been scared out of my mind. i need someone's help!!! none of my friends know about this situation. if u kno anything or have any suggestions please let me know! thank you for your time!
-me-

Posts: 3 | From: Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The activity you described does carry indeed an STD risk, and for future reference, a potential pregnancy risk as well.

What I'd suggest, hon, is that you go ahead and get tested for STDs. It'll put your mind at rest, and if you did contract something, you'll be able to have it treated, which is a far better thing than simply being scared and ignoring your health.

Jacksonville's Health Department offers confidental STD testing and counseling, and it's only $10 for the testing, plus they have some financial assistance available if you need additional care for any reason. Their websites says " Minors may be treated without parental consent or knowledge, regardless of age." Here's the link:
http://www.dchd.net/default.asp?Choice=services/disease/stdclinic.html

And here's a link to a list of their locations: http://www.dchd.net/default.asp?Choice=locations/index.html

Good luck, hon, and I'm glad you came here to ask. It sounds like you're taking charge of the situation, and that's always a good thing to see.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 05-29-2003).]

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confusedgrl89
Neophyte
Member # 13255

Icon 7 posted      Profile for confusedgrl89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much! i've just been sitting at my computer waiting for a reply and this is going to help me out so much! u dont kno how much this means to me....really....thank you. god bless.
-me-

Posts: 3 | From: Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.