Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pregnancy/abortions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy/abortions
tantaLizinShorty8
Neophyte
Member # 12803

Icon 9 posted      Profile for tantaLizinShorty8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex yesterday and the condom broke..when I went to the bathroom there was a big piece of it stuck inside me. He says that he didn't ejaculate in the condom but I gave him a bj before he put it on and he came then. I have been on the pill for three months but stopped taking it last week because of complications with my period, but I'm getting back on tomorrow..

Is there a high chance that I could be pregnant? If so, we decided I would get an abortion, secretly. How much would this cost and would I need a parent or could I get my older sister to take me? (she's 24)

------------------
.*gENnA*.
"Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train"

Posts: 30 | From: annapolis, maryland, usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this just happened yesterday, considering abortion when emergency contraception is available is pretty short-sighted.

The MAP costs around $25. Abortions start in the hundreds of dollars. The MAP isn't something you have to wait for and can PREVENT pregnancy from occurring, rather than having an abortion well after it does. The MAP is far less involved, carries no risks, requires no recuperation time (because to be honest, you will need to rest after an abortion, and be prepared, just in case, for returning to the clinic or a doctor should you end up having heavy bleeding or cramping afterwards, so having it be a secret isn't generally a good idea), and it's easy to obtain, as well as HIGHLY effective.

Yes, you have a risk of pregnancy. So, within the next two days, get yourself to a doctor or clinic and ask for emergency contraception.

FYI, in the future, condom breakage is VERY unlikely to happen if condoms are used correctly, namely, with enough room being left in the tip, and plenty of latex-safe lubricant used with the condom.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.