Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pre-cum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre-cum
tifa528
Activist
Member # 1484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tifa528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is be a stupid question...

But I was wondering when... hm, how do I word this... when is the "pre-cum" there? I know I must sound smart... Thanks...

Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcb3
Activist
Member # 528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcb3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we could help you a little easier, if you gave us a little more info

Clear something up for me, here...
Are you referring to how you would know when a man's pre-ejaculatory fluid is present?

And you know what? That sarcasm that you threw in your post about how "this question must sound so smart", well, I have one answer for that.

It does. It sounds smart, because you're asking instead of just guessing or not knowing at all

------------------
~Breanna
mick3yschick@aol.com

Posts: 53 | From: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tifa528
Activist
Member # 1484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tifa528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always sarcastic... and I guess your right...

Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't quite know how to word it correctly, but that's what I was trying to ask:

How do I know when a man's pre-ejaculatory fluid is present?

Ahh, that sounds much better!

------------------
Ai,
Jen

Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, pre-cum, or pre-ejaculatory fluid, is a fluid that emerges from the penis when arousal is reached. Since arousal happens *before* ejaculation (orgasm), precum cam emerge at any time during the, uh, process.

Precum can make you pregnant and it can trasmit STDs; therefore, it's important that if you're playing with a penis, to get a condom on it.

You can read more about the male anatomy at http://www.teenwire.com/warehous/articles/wh_19981201p050.asp or you can check out the boyfriend part of scarleteen.

Oh, and it's always smart to ask questions.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rona2003
Neophyte
Member # 1492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rona2003     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,
If a guy is already aroused before having sex can the pre-cum still happen doing sex? Even if its been like an half hour?

Breana

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rona: yep. the "pre-cum" (i don't like this term) is still secreted because it's the male's way of lubricating the vagina. if the man's body is still preparing for intercouse, even an hour later, he's still going to be secreting the fluid. trick is, the fluid shouldn't be in the vagina unless you're trying to conceive because, as mentioned earlier, it contains germs and sperms.

use a condom and some Astroglide®

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AtashiWaAtashi
Neophyte
Member # 6706

Icon 5 posted      Profile for AtashiWaAtashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking all over the internet for information on Pre-ejaculatory fluid. I finally found a site that gave a little information on it, but it said that it only contains sperm if the male had ejaculated recently. It pretty much said that sperm is in pre-cum (hate it. easy to type.) only because some sperm may stay in the uretha and comes out with whatever fluid comes out next. So, after ejaculation, if he pees and wipes the tip of his penis off , there should be no sperm in his pre-cum. I'm really confused now that I've found Scarleteen, because everyone says that sperm IS in it. Someone please un-confuse me.

Thanks,
Atashi

------------------
"Why are we walking like this?"

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AtashiWaAtashi
Neophyte
Member # 6706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AtashiWaAtashi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here's that site, by the way http://www.oxygen.com/experts/sex_ed_mom/sex_ed_mom_20000420.html

------------------
"Why are we walking like this?"

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the article, and I want to point out that the author of that article strongly stressed that this is not a good option of birth control for teens. And, of course, it provides absolutely no protection from STDs.

So why risk a pregnancy or an STD? Use condoms!

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessica_4789
Neophyte
Member # 12922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessica_4789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does precum contain enough sperm to get someone pregnant. After sperms dries on a finger and then you are fingered with that finger can you get pregnant?
Posts: 15 | From: New Auburn, Wi, 54757 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, pre-ejaculate can make you pregnant. A good rule of thumb for assessing your pregnancy risk is that you have a risk if ejaculate or pre-ejaculate comes in contact with your vulva.
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

sperm can survive for about 20 minutes in hostile conditions such as in open air. So if you get some on your hands, wash them with some soap and water.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.