Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Help me, before I make a mistake.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me, before I make a mistake.
LILDcutee
Neophyte
Member # 8514

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LILDcutee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it goes.... I've known this guy for about 2 years now. He has always had a crush on me, but I never really noticed him untill now. Now, hes leaving to College, and we are just kickin it (great timing to start a relationship, huh?) All of da sudden I've been wanting to have sexual intercourse. Yes, I am still a virgin. But, I don't want to have intercourse for two reasons: 1) I've always been taught to wait till marriage 2)I have my period. I've been really tempted these couple of days, but I have my period. I also, think he's been wanting to "finger" me...And I'm kind of thinking...: wouldnt that be nasty?(u know since I am in my period) and what about having intercourse while on my period is that dangerous or something like that?
Also, I know this off the subject but do you think he is just using me while he goes off to college.? Cuz I really am starting to like him. He is soo respectful though, cuz he told me "you dont have to do it if you dont want too?" SO please help me....I really need your opinion on this.

Posts: 4 | From: Waukegan, Illinois, | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per the guidelines that you just agreed to follow when you signed up, please read through the articles before posting. I'd suggest these, to start:

Ready or Not?
First Intercourse 101
Safe, Sound & Sexy ? A Safer Sex How-To
Sexual Response and Orgasm
Does Abstinence make the Heart Grow Fonder?

Also, this is not the appropriate forum for this sort of question, so I'll move it to Sex Basics & Sexual Health. You might find our New to Scarleteen? discussion helpful, as well: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum19/HTML/000124.html

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing inherently "nasty" or "dangerous" about having manual sex or intercourse while you've got your period, but you do need to take as much care with birth control as at any other time, and even more care with safer sex (blood increases the likelihood of transmitting some STDs). But if the idea makes you feel uncomfortable, then don't do it - you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

As for the big question of whether you should or shouldn't have sex with this guy - you're the only one who can decide what is right for you. Check out the articles that Kythryne listed; they should give you some things to think about while making your decision.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinnie Tesla
Neophyte
Member # 8041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnie Tesla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LILDcutee:
)I have my period. I've been really tempted these couple of days, but I have my period. I also, think he's been wanting to "finger" me...And I'm kind of thinking...: wouldnt that be nasty?(u know since I am in my period) and what about having intercourse while on my period is that dangerous or something like that?

Nasty is subjective. It never bothered me much. I've been a little squeamish about going down on menstruating women, but it really isn't bad. If you're using a dental dam, it should be no issue at all.

Some women I've dated have raised libidos during their periods and enjoy sex more. Others have the opposite reaction.

You should sit on something you can throw in the laundry afterwards. I've known the blood to soak right through a towel, through the sheets underneath, and into the matress once.

Posts: 21 | From: Somewhere near Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.