Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Worried...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried...
PrincessAllie02
Neophyte
Member # 7622

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PrincessAllie02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this is my worry...my b/f and I have been having sex for over a year and always with condoms and we have never (luckily) had one break, tear, bust, etc. and we have never had any problems. This is my concern...I am not very regular, I usually stay around the same few days, maybe a day or two off, but this month i'm not. Last month I started on the 12th, the month before that, the 13th, and the month before that, the 16th so you see i'm not too regular. But, this month, as of right now, today is the 16th and I have not gotten my period yet but today I felt like I had those "feelings" like I was going to start but thus far, nothing. I checked "in there" just to see what was goin on and there is a thick brownish gooey substance inside but no bleeding. Am I getting in a hurry? I think i'm worrying myself to death because i'm thinking something bad. I have been on antibiotics earlier this month for a bad cold, i'm stressed about all my Senior things going on, and now this i'm stressing over and I know these are all things that could make me jump around, but still, i'm usually pretty regular. I have no other symptoms, but i'm told they don't even show up the first few weeks of pregnancy so what is goin on? Please let me know what you think.

------------------
·:*¨¨*:·.aLiSoN.·:*¨¨*:·

Posts: 5 | From: Lester, Al, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you can answer this question very quickly by taking a pregnancy test!

That said, it doesn't sound particularly likely that you are pregnant. Many, many things can make your period late, as you know, and being pregnant is only one of them [ ]

If you're going to constantly worry, take the test; if you're not going to constantly worry and you'd rather wait a few days to see if your period comes, then wait.

But I myself would not call myself "late" until 5 days after the day I got my period the month before - since that was the 16th for you, then I wouldn't say you were late until the 21st.

Remember that the 16th was three days later than the month before - and you were not worried then!

Your menstrual cycle can change - maybe you were around the 12th or 13th for a long time, and now you'll be around the 16th. That's normal. My periods get a day or two farther apart with every period now that I'm a little older. Body's change

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bethy
Neophyte
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a pregnancy test. You're just going to worry about it and until you do, and at least then you'll know whether or not you should be worried.

Best wishes!

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.