Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » fisting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fisting
sugar'n'spice
Neophyte
Member # 7353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sugar'n'spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does nayone have advice on how to make this more comfortable? I'm trying with my bf tomorrow and I'm kinda scared. I know you use lots of lube, but what if it hurts?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soldier76:96
Activist
Member # 6511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soldier76:96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If YOU are unconfortable with the sex act, tell your boyFRIEND YOU don't want to do it!
Talk to your boyFRIEND & ask why he wants to do fisting? Notice I capitalized FRIEND. A true friend would not force/want you to do something that might hurt YOU.
Practice Safer Sex

Posts: 113 | From: Puyallup, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debby_h
Neophyte
Member # 8003

Icon 3 posted      Profile for debby_h     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. If you're scared about fisting, this may not be something to do. Anxiety is going to tighten your muscles and make it even more physically uncomfortable if you're scared. Talk with your boyfriend. He should respect your feelings and wishes about what you choose to do (or not do) with your body.

If you do decide to try it, please talk with your boyfriend ahead of time and let him know that when you say stop, he needs to stop. That if you say "stop" you are not being funny, you are probably hurting. Sometimes couples even work out a "code word" for when they want to stop a sexual activity. It's usually something totally non-sexual like "tomato" or "evergreen" or whatever else so that it cannot be confused with anything else. It is a clear sign to stop to your sexual partner. If you want to try this but are still feeling scared, I would recommend having a big talk ahead of time with your boyfriend. He needs to respect your wishes.

Good luck!
Debby

Posts: 21 | From: Bloomington, IN USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just another note: when you're trying a new sexual practice, be sure to read up from reliable sources ahead of time. For instance, your library may carry a copy of The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex which has some basic information on fisting.

We cannot give technique advice here, but it is safe to say that if either of you are going into this thinking that fisting means your partner makes a fist and tries to insert it, then you don't have enough information.

Lastly, when you do have the information, and then should you want to try iit, please be sure and use latex gloves. Not only does that help protect you from infection, it helps protect you from abrasions or scratches.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sugar'n'spice
Neophyte
Member # 7353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sugar'n'spice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you guys. I know how to do it and everything and I really want to, he's more reluctant than I am! I'm just nervous.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoo. if you're nervous, you might want to meditate or drink some chamomile tea first 'cause this is something you should only do when perfectly relaxed.

so, relax, lube up and get the rubber gloves ('cause it is extremely easy to get scratched and torn while fisting). it can be done, and can be quite enjoyable, so don't let me scare you.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, keep in mind that you don't get a prize for having an entire hand inside you. If you try not to be too goal-orientated, and try to just do what feels good, it is likely to work out better in the end. If you start out, and after four fingers you don't really want any more, you haven't failed. If everyone is having fun, it doesn't matter whether or not you've actually managed fisting.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PoetgirlNY:
Also, keep in mind that you don't get a prize for having an entire hand inside you...

Awww. I guess that means I should stop checking the mail obsessively, waiting for my Golden Fist Award to arrive.

You're so funny, Yalith. ;]

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chelle
Activist
Member # 7396

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Chelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I fist on a regular basis. Trust me, getting it right off the bat is rare! It did hurt at first and it takes a lot of patience, a lot of lubrication, and some latex gloves. We tried on 5 different occasions before it happened. If at any point you're uncomfterable, STOP! And like everyone else says, if you feel uncomfterable, then don't! You don't owe him any sexual act YOU don't want!
Posts: 60 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.