Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation
SexySun04
Activist
Member # 7034

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SexySun04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! I just found out my b\f masturbates. we have a very open and honest relationship and tell each other everything. well i asked and he told me. i was kind of uncomfortable. i mean the idea really doesnt bother me either way for other people to do it. but i just never knew he did it. i read the article here on masturbation and found that it can actually help our relationship by him doing it. bc then he can show me what he likes. however, i am still a little uncomfortable with him doing it, but it doesnt change my feelings about him at all. i still love him. but is there anything you could advise me on so that i can be more comfortable and accepting to him? thanks!!!!
p.s. him and i have talked about it already so suggestions other than talking to him are much appreciated!!! and thanks S.T. for that article!!!

------------------
*~If you are going to trust your guy with your body, make sure you guys have completly open communication!!~*

Posts: 61 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I think there would be more of a problem if he had said that he didnt masturbate, because that would make it fairly likely he was lying and not so trustworthy. Statistically, the number of people who masturbate is well above 90%! And that counts for women as well as men. It is completely healthy and unlikely to inhibit your relationship with him one bit. He has trusted you enough to admit to doing this now fairly trivial taboo, so I would think the best thing to do is to try not to feel at all uncomfortable about it and whole heartedly accept this particular choice of his.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I think the best method of becoming comfortable with masturbation - anyone's masturbation - is to do it yourself. It's safe, educational, and darned good fun.

Actually, we have three articles about masturbation. Since I'm not sure which one you've read I'll link to all of them for you.

Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep)
(Targeted at females.)

Jerking Off
(Targeted at males.)

Going Blind - A Masturbation Memoir
(Read the whole article.)

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 02-25-2002).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breakingarm
Neophyte
Member # 5906

Icon 14 posted      Profile for breakingarm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI im male and like to masturbate as i have no sex partner.
Posts: 17 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People who are in sexual relationships with other people masturbate too. It's not a substitute for sex, it's just another kind of sex, and the safest kind in all respects.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baby Doll
Neophyte
Member # 7178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baby Doll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend does it, he says that every boy does it....i think its fine cos then againmost girls do it :-)

------------------
Luv
Nikki

Posts: 19 | From: The land of the pink tea pot! | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most boys do it, but then again, most people do it, and this includes teenagers, and older people, and little babies. It's a pretty normal human thing to do. But there are also some people who really have no interest in it, so not all boys do.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.