Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » month long period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: month long period
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thsi might sounds really basic....
but i'm having serious problems with my period. I've had it now for 27 days, not on and off, stright through.
isn't teh normal one supposed to be like 3-5 days?
cause my doc said oh just wait and see if it stops.
what could be wrong?

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're younger, your periods can go whacky as they settle in. It's not uncommon and it's not necessarily unhealthy if your iron count is OK. It does happen. If your doctor is OK with this so far, and you're still having a period in another seven days, I'd see someone else, though - either another doctor in that office or someone at a clinic, perhaps Planned Parenthood?

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS... what are you using for birth control, if any? That might have something to do with it.
Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
see thsi is where the kink comes on.
i've been using cyclen, cause i didn't like tri-cyclen (makes me too hormonal) but i've been taking it for 6 months now, with no probs.
but at the end of august, i started a new pack. that went fine, finished my 3 weeks and started taking the sugar pills. my period came for that week, and i started taking the real pills again. but even though i'm taking the pills, it just keeps bleeding.

i have spare pills, is it safe to take a double dose? (even if it will make me all hormonal?)

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever you do with something like this, ASK YOUR DOCTOR. Especially with hormonal birth control. So, in other words, don't double up your pills.

But I am with Bri on this one. Maybe a second opinion would be a good idea.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com.
"Did you see my friend? He couldn't believe it, 'The girls are holding hands, the girls are holding hands!' Don't be a fool, it's 1995, the girls are just friends." --Belle and Sebastian, "Photo Jenny"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoo, definitely time to tell your doctor something's up. it's not healthy to be on your period for 27 days straight, especially if you have heavy flow. discuss the possiblity of changing your birth control prescription because it appears the stuff is not jiving with your chemistry at the moment.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.