Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Foreskin Problem - please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Foreskin Problem - please help!
Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extract from this site:
''If you do have a foreskin, the foreskin can be pulled back, away from the head of the penis''....

How far should the foreskin be able to go back? I am 15. Mine can just go over the glans, then a slight bit further. This may sound really weird but I have a tiny piece of skin connecting the edge of my urethral meatus to my foreskin.

Is this normal? This piece of skin restricts the foreskin from going ALL the way. Is the foreskin supposed to be able to go ALL the way back?

Any advice would be appreciated as I am kinda getting worried now.

JC

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hun, have you been circumsized? If not, you can definitely have that done. I am not a guy, but I can say that it will probably hurt. I am not exactly sure what else it could be.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, no reason at all to be worried: that sounds perfectly normal to me. As long as you can retract your foreskin enough to completely clean the glans and do not have pain in doing so or while masturbating or being sexually active, you don't have anthing to worry about.

Otherwise, you might want to have yourself examined by a doc.

Solitary, there is no need for any male to be circumsized unless for medical reasons such as a phimosis. Please do not tell John to get an operation that he does not need (and probably not want either).

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I was not telling him to get an operation he does not need. I was merely SUGGESTING to get it! I know it is not necessary, but trust me, for some women, it definitely is. If he ever wants to have sex with a woman or wants oral sex, then I suggest he get it done. It is very gross and it is unenjoyable during sex when a male is not circumsized, and sometimes it can actually hurt a female even more. With a circumsized penis, insertion is a little more gentle and easier simply because something small (the head) is entering first so the woman can begin to dialate, and then the thickness comes gradually, depending on the speed. Thank you.
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, sorry, but men all over the world don't have circumcized penes, and I don't see the board being flooded with complaints from them.

In fact, yours is the only complaint I've seen about sex with a circumsized penis -- most of the other questions we've had on this board simply relate to things such as condom use or the difference in appearance.

Penises that are uncircumsized are not "gross" and men can have enjoyable sex with or without a foreskin.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not directing any offense for those who enjoy uncircumsized penises I'm just stating and voicing my personal opinion. Sorry I didn't see a sign anywhere that told me I couldn't do so.

*Sincerely,
Amanda*

SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SolitaryTear, please chill it with the attitude. Maybe you didn't see a sign but here's an unwritten rule (it's surely written enough actually); don't make generalizations.

Clearly, you weren't voicing your personal opinion.

quote:
I know it is not necessary, but trust me, for some women, it definitely is. If he ever wants to have sex with a woman or wants oral sex, then I suggest he get it done. It is very gross and it is unenjoyable during sex when a male is not circumsized...

Also as a reminder, not all men want to have sex with women, nor do all women want to have sex with men. Unwritten rule #2, Scarleteen is an all-inclusive environment and please help us keep it that way. Thanks.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SolitaryTear:
If he ever wants to have sex with a woman or wants oral sex, then I suggest he get it done. It is very gross and it is unenjoyable during sex when a male is not circumsized, and sometimes it can actually hurt a female even more. With a circumsized penis, insertion is a little more gentle and easier simply because something small (the head) is entering first so the woman can begin to dialate, and then the thickness comes gradually, depending on the speed. Thank you.

Dear Solitary,

please be aware that in other parts of the world, such as Europe, where I live, circumcision is not practiced unless for medical reasons.

It's your decision if you think a partner needs to be circumsized, but do not give us the "it's disgusting" part here. Not appropriate for the reasons Cookie listed. "Eeeking" anyone for the appearance of their genitals is totally off here.

Penises come with a foreskin BY DEFAULT. They were made that way. They are not gross. They are not disgusting: they are NORMAL.

What you posted there about "insertion being more gentle and easier with a circumsized penis" is incorrect.
A circumsized and uncicumsized penis look almost similar when erect. - With an uncircumsized penis, the foreskin retracts completely during erection, the glans is exposed, and insertion just as easy as with a circumsized one.
Circumcision does not make the owner of the penis gentler or a better lover automatically.

Stating that no one will want to have sex with someone who is not circumsized is untrue, too. And rude, if I might add.
I know plenty of men and women who either prefer their male partners uncircumsized (in general, I find the idea of routinely cutting off something on the genitals of little boys rather disturbing) or do not care about the existence or absence of a foreskin at all, simply because it does not make much of a difference anyway.

------------------
Caro

Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know plenty of mean and women who have coped with having an uncircumcised partner. In fact, most of them were very happy with the fact that their partner's penis was the way nature had made it, and saw nothing disgusting or unwieldy about it at all.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I completely apologize for any trouble I or offense I have caused. I truly am. I thought it was another message that'd be overlooked, I didn't have any idea I'd get rampaged about it. I am very sorry, I was wrong for being judgemental. I have never personally even been with an uncircumsized male, my mom told me this because she was married to one and she told me she gave him oral sex one time and she said she would never do it again because when the foreskin was pulled back it had crust and stuff in it. Guess he wasn't clean. I am sorry for offending anyone here, and I shouldn't have directed my statement as "..most women" I'm not most women and I can't speak for most women, I am completely apologetic and please disregard my statements above.

I didn't have an attitude, I apologize for misinterpretation.

*Sincerely,
Amanda

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Thank you for the apology, Solitary.

For next time, please be aware that almost no question or comment here on the boards gets "overlooked" - we have lots and lots of people who come here, not only the registered and regular posters but even more lurkers. - And really, you should not underestimate how many people can read a message and can get infulenced by one.

Many people here come here worrying about whether they are "normal" the way they are and a generalising and bad statement like the one you made can make people who already worry about their bodies feel really shitty and insecure.
Uncircumsized boys in countries with a high prevalence of circumcision (like the US) worry about their genitals enough because they are different from the "norm" (even though they are normal), and we really should work on not making anyone worry even more.

Really, penises come with foreskins, and have done so forever, and men who still have theirs are not much different from men who are circumsized. They can be shitty or sensitive lovers, they can look after their personal hygiene well or not, but really it's nothing to generalise about.

As I said, I personally find routine circumcision on infants wrong (without medical or religious reasons, I mean), simply because I don't think a healthy part of the human body should just be cut off for prettiness purposes or whatever other reason people have these days to circumsize their sons. If an adult thinks he needs to be circumsized - fine. Everyone should decide for themselves what they want to do about their bods.
- But on infants - nope.

Again thanks for the apology, but next time, please think a little longer before posting and make clear that something is just your personal opinion and not everyone's view. - Thanks in advance.

------------------
Caro

Alchemical Precept

Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alaska,

Is this normal? I can retract my foreskin over my glans but not really any further after that. Should the foreskin be able to retract all the way back?

Thanks for your help....
JC

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John.
Foreskins do not generally go back all the way to the base, so yes, you're likely just fine.

If you've doubts, just ask your doctor about it the next time you have a physical.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, quick reply. Thanks. I am relieved.

What restricts other guys' foreskins from going ALL the way back?

JC

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Namely that the frenulum and the frenar band are shorter than the entire length of the penis.

Make sense?

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um not with the technical terms no! I had to go and check out ''skin-deep'' to get the name of the ''glans''etc.... lol.

You must be from the uk, right?

Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Also, Miz you just mentioned the ''frenar band'' or whatever. Where exactly on the penis is that located?
Heather
Member # 3

Here's a good page that I think you'll find helpful that'll also help with some extra terminology (and at some point, we will get around to having an extensive article about the ins and outs of all this, promise): http://www.noharmm.org/anatomy.htm

(And nope, while my family were Italian and Irish immigrants, I'm right from the US of A).

Let me also add something else to this thread to make clear what got very lost in the muddle: foreskins do NOT make intercourse more painful or enjoyable for women or men. if they did, we'd be in one heck of a pickle since the majority of men in the world and through history have NOT been circumcised. Uncut men are not gross as long as they clean themselves like any other person, and as the foreskin retracts when penetration happens, it makes NO difference whatsoever with insertion into the vaginal canal or the male or female rectum or mouth. None.

I say that from both a background in human sexuality as well as from a liofetime of personal experience.

Hope all that helps.

------------------
Heather Corinna

-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Johncooper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
''liofetime''. You should brush up on your spelling Miz, you are letting us Irish down! Just kidding.

Anyway, I have a suggestion. This site should be more user friendly. I mean, the index page is confusing for a first time user. At least myself anyway. Couldn't it be slightly more easier to navigate, along with clear precise headings and explanations. Go to www.gamespot.co.uk Its full of content like scarleteen, but a little easier to get round.

For example: Pink Slip (For gals...), Boyfriend (for guys...) etc...

Great site though! Thanks for your advice.
JC

Johncooper
Neophyte
Member # 4024

FRENULUM!!! Thats the ''piece of skin'' I was referring to on my penis! I checked out that site you supplied a link to and saw it.

Thanks Miz, much appreciated. You saved me a doctor's visit.

Later,
JC

SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys! It's me again! I clicked on the link supplied about the male anatomy and circumcision, I am happy to report that I don't feel the way I did about them. Actually, I found the site quite informing and interesting. Thank you, and I apologize, I wasn't trying to say that anyone is gross because of something God gave them, I apologize for that. And I give my deep and most sincere apologies to Alaska and JohnCooper, Sorry guys!

Sincerely,
Amanda

[This message has been edited by SolitaryTear (edited 07-29-2001).]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.