Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » bleeding during sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding during sex?
FlyingwithStars237
Neophyte
Member # 27941

Icon 9 posted      Profile for FlyingwithStars237     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here I go:

I've been on Nuvaring for bout 6 months. Last month I put it in one day late and had unprotected sex so I took plan B. Everything was fine...I got my period n such this month n it ended on Tuesday.

So me and my boyfriend had sex today and he's been complaining how da Nuvaring cut him once n its irritating him. Well this time he said he couldn't feel it and the sex went fine right up until the climax where he noticed all the blood. And it wasn't alittle....it was everywhere! I was so scared...I wasn't sure if I had gotten my period again or cut myself or he cut himself! He said there is a lot of blood in the penis so maybe tht was why but even after we cleaned up, I still noticed blood in my vagina. We are still a bit confused as to what happened and kinda worried.

By the way, we both did not feel any pain whatsoever!

Can someone explain to me what happened? [Frown]

Posts: 25 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingwithStars237
Neophyte
Member # 27941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingwithStars237     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone??
Posts: 25 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinevirus
Neophyte
Member # 42561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinevirus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...yeah, I don't know. Except something similar happened to me recently, too. He noticed the blood pretty quickly - it was *everywhere* >< I freaked out a bit, we hopped in the shower and cleaned up. It was definitely coming from me - I bled a little bit afterwards, but not enough for it to be my period.

I was thinking maybe random bleeding caused by the pill I'm on? Could be the same for you with NuvaRing. Apparently chlamydia can cause bleeding during sex, but I'm almost certain I don't have any STIs...

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nate70
Neophyte
Member # 43933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nate70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i bled but not as much as u both.. im quite horrifying.. anyone could help?
Posts: 2 | From: malaysia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xAkaAngelfangsx
Neophyte
Member # 34289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xAkaAngelfangsx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't necessarily know anything in regards to Nuvaring and your bleeding, but perhaps you two should get checked for STD's. I'm aware that a few can cause bleeding, if that is the case in your situation. Plus, it never hurts to go get checked. [Smile]
Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.