Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » vagina appearance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vagina appearance
Lady Bastard
Neophyte
Member # 1933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Bastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok you guys this might be a weird question but I'm kind of scared to have my b/f see my vagina. He wants to perform oral sex on me but suppose he doesnt like how it looks? I'm light skin but its kind of a darkish pink I hate it because he never seen it before and I dont know how he's gonna react or think of it. help?? :(

------------------
Lady Bastard

Posts: 8 | From: Brooklyn N.y | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I can't tell you how he'll reacr, but any guy that will dump you because he thinks your vagina is odd looking is just pathetic.

Colour variations in the skin on your vagina are perfectly normal, and you can't change them. So, if you're really nervous about it, just explain it to your boyfriend. And, as we all know, safe sex is the best-use some protection (dental dam, clingwrap) when you have oral sex.

(Love your name )

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'know, if he really wants to go there, i'm sure he won't be intimidated by how it looks. the skin around the vulva* tends to be darker than the rest of the body because it has more capillaries which allow extra blood flow to the region during sexual arousal. The male scrotum is the same way, it too is darker than the surrounding area.

but it seems you are still uncomfortable with the idea, so your best bet is to hold off until you and your body get better acquainted. Sex is not a thing to be rushed (contrary to popular belief, oral sex is still **sex** as is manual sex aka fingering or hanjobs, etc). Make sure you know what makes you feel good. Know what doesn't feel good. Know your limits. And go to your local library and look at a book on anatomy.

Then, if and when you decide to try oral sex, use a condom on him, even if it tastes bad because latex taste is nowhere near as nasty as a gonorrheal infection in your throat. and if he wants to go down on you, get some cling film and use it to cover your vulva so there isn't any direct exchange of fluids.

* the vulva is the collective name of the external female genitalia. the vagina itself is an internal muscular tube with an opening, which may be partially covered by the hymen.

where were the anatomical diagrams again?

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/anatomy.html

*high fives GumdropGirl*

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeeze, double-teaming? BAD girls!

On a personal note, my girl was extremely nervous about showing me the first time. I still don't really understand why.

------------------
Ask not why dogs sniff each others butts...
Ask instead why you do not!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well people have all sorts of areas on their body that they're self concious about ... And the vagina is one of the most popular, right up there w/ boobs and butt Just go w/ it ... I'm sure he's just as nervous to show you his parts! Talk to him about it and then he'll know and feel even better that he can get that close to you.

And aren't you gonna spank them too ThisGuy? Geez, you like spanking don't you? hmph Keep your hands to yourself and no one gets hurt!! lol

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"A spanking! A spanking!!!
And after the spanking, the oral sex.
Oral sex!"

what can I say, I LOVE Monty Python

Hmm, I wasn't afraid the first time I tried oral sex. My partner at the time was pretty eager and had been begging me for months. So I figured whatever the case, he'd enjoy himself.

Second time 'round, the first time I let my current guy go there, he was kinda surprised that I hadn't completely shaven myself. So I told him if he didn't like it, I could put my pajamas back on, and he could sleep in the living room.

so there, for all the people with hang ups with their body hair. if they don't like it, tough cookies!

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend was the same way. She was very terified to let me see her vagina. I had been beging her for months and she wouldn't let me see it. On some occations she would say okay and close her eyes and just relax but somthing told me that she still wasn't ready so I said it was okay and I would give her this great big hug. I knew it was right when she pulled down her pants for me and seemed quit okay with it. The best thing to do is just wait till you are completly comfortable or just face your fears.

-Phsygnosis

Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally understand what ur going though. i had the same problem but then i was like what the heck, i love myself and im not going to let anything get in my way of having fun. the reason i was so worryed was b/c my bf showed me this playboy mag. and there was a girl in there he said was an ugly dog and a bad role model for anyliving thing. and i saw what her vagina looked like and i thought thats what mine should look like and it didnt, but when i finally showed my bf my "hidden treasure" he said it was the most beautiful peice of art work he has ever seen.
Good Luck!
~*~Katelin~*~

------------------
dont frown, u never know whos falling in love with ur smile~!~

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Bastard
Neophyte
Member # 1933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Bastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWWW TROUBLEMAKA THAT IS SO CUTE!! I STILL SCARED ABOUT SHOWING HIM MINES BUT NOT LIKE BEFORE.I DONT KNOW WHY I'M SCARED BUT I'M NOT GOING TO WORRY. MAYBE IT'S NOT AS BAD AS I THINK IT IS. THANKS

------------------
Lady Bastard

Posts: 8 | From: Brooklyn N.y | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.