Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Friend might be pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friend might be pregnant
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my friend has been having unprotected sex for months now. I convinced her to get some condoms but they ran out and went without. Bad idea. Now she thinks she might be pregnant. She is only 15 and he is 14. She wont get a pregnancy test because she cant afford it, and she wont tell her parents. She hasnt gotten her period yet, its about 20 days late. What are the symptoms if any of pregnancy this early?
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests can cost as little as six bucks. She can afford it. If she doesn't regularly have six bucks in her pocket what she can't afford to do is have sex -- it costs more than six bucks to have sex responsibly.

If she is about a month to a month and half pregnant, at this point she may be urinating more often than usual, she may feel tired or nauseated, her breasts may be tender, and her period may be late (duh).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karina582
Neophyte
Member # 2181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karina582     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Etch, if she was my friend, I would do her the favor of going out and buying her a pregnacy test. (She might be a little pissed at me for taking the situation in my own hands, but the outcome will be positive!). Miz Scarlet is right, a pregnancy test is not more than 20 bucks. (I bought mine for 12 bucks and BOY was it a relief to find out I wasn't pregnant-after that I never had unprotected sex AGAIN! ). I'm glad that you care about your friend so much. It seems to me that your friend doesn't care too much about herself and her body. To have unprotected sex is to leave her body vulnerable to possible risks of STDs and unplanned pregnancy-she's 15, a baby is a miracle but in reality-is she financially and emotionally able to care for one? You should really recommend this website to her-it will help her understand more about risks and the importance of condoms. Good Luck!

------------------

quote:
"Mistakes are lessons of wisdom"-Mariott Hotel Freeway Sign

Posts: 38 | From: Irvine, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
actually, I and another friend are buying her a pregnancy test today. I have suggested this site to her, I dont know if she has actually taken a look though. I think something like this would have been the only way for her to learn to take care of herself.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.