Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » what is this..and is it normal..?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is this..and is it normal..?
sweetstuff1981
Neophyte
Member # 1535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetstuff1981     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys. just found this place and love it. I have a question though, when I manstrabate, I've noticed kindof a string that goes across on the inside. It doesnt really get in the way for me, cause it moves over, but my boyfriend's fingers are bigger than mine, and it hurts if you push it over too far. Is having that normal? Im confused, and a little scared? should I be worried? HELP!!

------------------
I find I always have to write SOMETHING on a steamed mirror--Elaine Dundy

There's nothing half so real in life as the things you've done...inexorably unalterably DONE. -sara teasdale

Posts: 2 | From: IL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like what you are finding when you masturbate, that "string" of tissue, is your hymen. Hymens come in many different shapes and formations, and it is very possible to have a thin strip of hymen across the vaginal canal.

Hymens eventually either stretch or sometimes tear slightly during penetration with fingers or penises or other objects. In women who do have hymens (not all women do), it can be a little painful to stretch it, and so sometimes penetration can be a uncomfortable. The secret? Go slow! Be gentle! Don't force more in there than is comfortable! Yes, your boyfriend may have bigger fingers than you, but he's doesn't have to go plunging in there like he's diving into a pool, either. Slow and steady wins the race.

Pretty common-sense, really.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hanne:

<snip>
Slow and steady wins the race.
</snip>

Had to raid this post
Hanne, you never cease to amaze me with your little analogies

Good advice!

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.