Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fingering.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering.......
simoneluvsbradley
Neophyte
Member # 1358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for simoneluvsbradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have have to ask these questions, what is the point, is it suppose to hurt?
Posts: 6 | From: pheba,ms,usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its supposed to give you pleasure.
That is its raison d'etre.

Of course, some guys might see it as a form of "conquest", or softening up...but if you're sure enough of your guy to let him do it for you, that's not a problem.

Basically it really really shouldn't hurt. It should happen when you are ready, and not before. You have to be relaxed and comfortable for it.

If it hurts, don't do it. Its that simple. Just because people do something, doesn't mean you have to.

Basically, my point here is: take your own pace, and do things you want to do. Don't be pressured into anything by your partner, or peer pressure.

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey.

I just replied to your other post, simoneluvsbradley, and I'm sensing a theme here.

Like I said in my other post, sometimes sexual activities *can* hurt. However, like all other kinds of pain, that's a signal from the body that says "slow down" or "stop." And like any other physical activity, if you're in pain, you should respond to the pain by slowing down, stopping, and finding ways to make it hurt less.

Sex is "supposed to" be enjoyable for all parties involved. If a sexual activity is not something that you want to do, or something that you're not ready to do, for whatever reason, then you probably won't enjoy it, and then it'll seem pretty pointless.

This doesn't mean that if you're ready and you really want to that suddenly fireworks explode and magical rainbows appear every where, either; sometimes bodies are stubborn and things just don't go the way we want them to.

However, my best sexual experiences, including the ones with myself, have been when I was emotionally and physically prepared, had gotten good reliable information about what could happen, talked with my partner about what could happen and what we wanted to happen and really wanted it for myself.

------------------
--
PHILOSOPHY: Basically, this involves sitting in a room and deciding there
is no such thing as reality and then going to lunch. -- Dave Barry

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! I beat ya this time.

Teehee!

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hee. I didn't know it was a race.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.