Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Why does sex hurt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why does sex hurt?
darkengel_17
Neophyte
Member # 907

Icon 5 posted      Profile for darkengel_17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I have had sex, it has hurt me. I have looked at the other topics on here that pertain to this but none of them have helped. when my fiancee and I have done stuff, I have been sufficently arroused, and we have also tried lubrication, to no avail. I have no hesitations and we have done it a lot but it still hurts everytime. he doesn't enter too deeply, but it just feels like sandpaper to me. Any response would help.

------------------
@-->-->---

Posts: 3 | From: Kearns, Utah, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience the sandpaper feeling comes from not using enough lubricant or the right brand for you. I like the KY Liquid brand.

If you are having pain in other areas like a poking in the bladder feeling, you may need to experiment with positions. That kind of pain can also be a sympton of STD's, so you might want to see your doctor for a full check up.

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pryzm
Neophyte
Member # 905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pryzm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you're not used to him yet, if he's a bit wide you might wanna use alot of lubricant, and maybe have him use his fingers more often.
Posts: 7 | From: Juggaloville, MI | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkengel_17
Neophyte
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkengel_17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for your reply, but I don't think that enough lubrication is the problem. We have tried different kinds and haven't spared any. I was tested for all std's and was proclaimed clean about 7 months ago, and I am still with the same person. Are there any std's that can not be found like this?

------------------
@-->-->---

Posts: 3 | From: Kearns, Utah, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkengel_17
Neophyte
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkengel_17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that his width is the problem, because we have been doing stuff for over a year, and I should be well stretched out by now if that were ever the problem. It feels good, but it normally hurts more than it feels good. Are there any other possiblities?

Pryzm
Neophyte
Member # 905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pryzm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like someone already said, maybe it's the positioning you're in?

Try some different positions out, different lubes.. of course there's always the best thing to do, consult professionals. If all else feels, dial up your gynecologist.

Posts: 7 | From: Juggaloville, MI | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.