Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: late period
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any certain reasons for why my period could be late? I'm not sexually active and I have never fooled around with a guy, so what's the deal? If anyone has any ideas about what might be wrong pleeze tell me. Thankz,

------------------
*^Lucky^*

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShyGirl
Neophyte
Member # 910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you're period is late, it could be from stress or some periods are just irregular for a while. Mine was irregular for 2 years & a few months ago it finally straightened out. So don't worry, it's normal.
Posts: 4 | From: Macon, Ga | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shygirl is right, it usually doesn't mean anything, since it takes years to settle into a regular cycle unless you are on the pill.
Sometimes it's due to your eating habits and stress levels.. there are many reasons, but if you are really worried about it, or if you are experiencing any other things you are unsure of, pay a visit to your gyno.
For more info on periods, go here

entropie

------------------
***DISCLAIMER*** All advice received from me should be used at YOUR OWN RISK. I am in no way responsible for the advice that I give. I only give my opinions to the situation. It is up to you to do what you feel is the right thing.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How late is it? Like, a day? Or three weeks?

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
periods can be late for any number of reasons, improper diet, underweight, not enough sleep, hormonal shifts, pregnancy... etc.

If you normally have regular periods, and you're late... it's best to go to a doctor and have him or her to check you out. Just as a precaution, esp. if you're sexually active.

------------------
just a girl, a lonely one at that.

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.