Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex on top

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex on top
Angel403
Neophyte
Member # 548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel403     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I have been having sex a while now, and recently I was the one on top. I'm not sure exactly how to do this, and I'm afraid I did it wrong. Its a little embarresing to say that I don't know how to have sex, but I don't! What do I do to make it feel good, how do I sit, how do I move up and down, et cetera???
Posts: 10 | From: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one can tell you that but you, because we are all made differently. Even if we could, we couldn't. We cannot address sexual technique at Scarleteen. Please review the guidelines.

The truth is, no one comes to sex really knowing what to do because it differs with every single person. As you experience sex with the same partner over a number of times and try different things, you'll discover what works best for the two of you. Until then, there isn't any need to be embarassed. Discovering what feels good and what "works" is half the joy of sex.

Posts: 67926 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to share a little example to explain one of the reasons why we can't give you a "how-to" when it comes to sexual positions and techniques. We are all different shapes, proportions and sizes. How you match up with your partner based on those things, as well as what you find stimulating and arousing, will determined what kinds of things you find comfortable and pleasant. By experimenting with your parnter(s), you can discover what feels right for you.
Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcb3
Activist
Member # 528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcb3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Bettie and Miz Scarlet on this. No techniques can be given because, first of all it's against the guidelines. Second of all, Bettie's right—we are all different shapes and sizes and feel and experience things in different ways.

What may work and be arousing for one person, might not necessarily work for another.

What I'd suggest is talking to your partner. After all, he is your sexual partner and communication should be a priority. Let him know how you're feeling. When the time comes again and you're in a situation where you feel embarassed or uncomfortable, speak up about it.

You could say something like, "You know, I'm not sure about doing this. I don't really know WHAT to do." If your partner is anything worth your time, he would understand and work with you.

Next time the two of your are having intercourse, oral sex, etc..Ask him what he likes. Experiment. Truthfully, I don't think he'd get "mad" or "annoyed". And if he does, a stop needs to be put to that.

So, with that, good luck and if you want, keep us updated.

------------------
~Breanna
mick3yschick@aol.com

[This message has been edited by mcb3 (edited August 24, 2000).]

Posts: 53 | From: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right on! comunication works wonders.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.