Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Dry Humping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry Humping
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I had an incident this weekend, and from what I have gathered from reading various posts here is that we are safe, but I would love some expert advice regarding this event.
1. I wore underwear the entire time. He was naked.
2. There was no DIRECT contact of bare vulva to bare penis.
3. I felt him precum near my underwear with my hand and we stopped.
4. i changed my panties and nothing further happened that night.
5. It was definitely precut, and he did urinate between recent ejaculation and this occurring.
Would I be safe in my assumptions, given all the factors, and I would not need EC? I have no sex ed as my school does not offer any and my parents are generally private about the whole process, unfortunately. Scarleteen has been a lifesaver!

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi doodlebug! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

Can you please take a look at this link: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000371.html

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi doodlebug! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

Can you please take a look at this link: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000371.html

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So basically, despite there being possible precut, my underwear protected me?
Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

*precum
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Did you get the chance to read the link I sent you? If so, with that information what do you think the answer to this question is?

--------------------

doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

*precum
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

I would say the answer is that I am protected, given that the link said there is NO RISK! Correct?
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

I just had a bit of a panic as I have no formal sex ed and am having to teach myself (with the help of Scarleteen).
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're absolutely correct [Smile]

Sorry to hear that your in-person sex ed is so non-existent - that's rubbish [Frown] . We understand how unsettling or worrying things can be for people who aren't getting that sex ed, and we're really happy that you've found our information so helpful [Smile] . Can we help you further? We have absolutely masses and masses of information and articles on our static site, which you can explore yourself if you like by clicking on the words in the panel at the top of the page; or, if there are specific things you'd like to know about, we're happy to suggest pieces for you to read and talk you through educating yourself from our material. We're also happy to discuss anything in our materials with you.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

Thank you for the affirmation! What is the scientific proof of that? Simply because sperm cannot "swim" through a double layer of spandex/cotton in my underwear? And since he urinated, any sperm in the precum would be too weak to cause pregnancy? I am so sorry for my limited knowledge, my school does not believe in sex ed, and only uses scare tactics.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's sort of it, yes. Sperm can only move around in their liquid, semen. When that liquid is on clothes, it's absorbed by the clothes, so the liquid is no longer going anywhere - which means the sperm isn't going anywhere, either.

Pre-ejaculate doesn't contain sperm. What can happen is that pre-ejaculate can pick up small amounts of sperm left in the urethra from a previous ejaculation. Urination helps to wash out any left-over sperm from the urethra.

You can get more details in these two pieces:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
Who's Afraid of Sperm Cells?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

The more I think about it, the safer I feel [Smile] I know you cannot make the decision for me, but in your professional opinion, is EC unnecessary in this situation? Even if I was ovulating at the time?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that you had no risk (as you've already figured out from the links redskies gave you), I would say EC is not necessary. However, that decision is ultimately up to you.

I would also take a look at this article, since you mentioned being concerned about ovulating:
Let's Dial Down Some (Maybe) Ovulation Freakouts

[ 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

I understand there is no risk, ovulation or not? [Smile] my period is due in 11-12 days, and I think I will just wait patiently
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

So, in summary, this is what I understand
1. Dry humping is not a risk so long as one person is wearing a layer (underwear counts)
2. Sperm cannot penetrate a layer and cause pregnancy, even if the girl is wet.
3. Ovulation is irrelevant in this situation because this activity is a non-risk activity , no matter where the woman is in her cycle
4. As far as we understand, pre-ejaculate does not have sperm if the man has recently urinated after the last ejaculation

Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

You got it! [Smile]

--------------------

doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

And, for future reference, if there is anything that gets in the way of sperm's direct route (ex. underwear) it is rendered immobile/unable to cause pregnancy?
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct, things like clothes (or condoms) prevent the sperm from moving towards their desired destination

[ 01-28-2014, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug12
Neophyte
Member # 109454

Alrighty! Given all of the factors, I can determine that there is no risk. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.