Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » A bit concerned and stressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A bit concerned and stressed
Niabeee
Neophyte
Member # 108388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niabeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I really didn't know where to turn so I figured that here would be the right place. I'm 18 and I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend. We had protected sex a day or 2 after my period ended (November 8th), I read that those are considered "safe days" although im aware you may get pregnant at anytime. we did it again Monday of this week and I was supposed to get my period again yesterday ( for the second time this month) but I did not. I know that the condoms we used did not break, we checked them after and along with the condoms we used to the withdrawal method. I've read many of the articles here about virginity, pregnancy, etc.. but I didn't really find my answer, So im asking if sex can alter my cycle in any way or prolong the time that my period is supposed to come? Im really stressing about this and I know that can make my period come even later. Thanks for all your help.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Niabeee! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

Sex doesn't make any changes in mentrual cycles. Although there could be more than one reason for a period to be late.

I'm not sure how you are charting your cycles but charting a cycle doesn't mean just counting the days, or that "some" days before or after your period are "safe" days. It's actually a bit more tricky than that. You need months of checking your cervical mucus and body temperature to get to know which days are your most fertile days and which aren't.

Sounds like you used two birth control methods (condoms and withdrawal) and if you used them properly (as you mentioned here) the chances of pregnancy are lower. You can always take a test to ease your mind. Pregnancy tests are accurate after 14 days of the risk, but again, you are saying you used condoms and withdrawal. [Smile]

I'm going to leave these links for you about how to chart your cycles (if you are interested in doing so) and about periods being late or missing.

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

M.I.A or, Where's My Period?

Hope this helps! [Smile]

[ 11-29-2013, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Edith_* ]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niabeee
Neophyte
Member # 108388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niabeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much !
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome! [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.