Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Some advice please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some advice please
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Samantha212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feel like I post here a lot sorry! But as I've said in all my posts I've only engaged in dry sex/manual sex etc that can't cause pregnancy- even with pre-ejaculate on my leggings, as I recently learned- but today I discovered a light blood on my underwear and and light spotting on toilet roll and my period ended last week, I'm really unsure what this could be and although yahoo answers strongly suggest it's pregnancy spotting I'm hoping this isn't true or possible! But I am just worried as to why I have light bloody discharge at this time in my cycle? Please help!

--------------------
Samantha

Posts: 15 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why you're looking to yahoo answers for any of this. If you want credible information on anything like this, you instead want to stick to credible sites, or people who you know something about at all, and know have this kind of information or education for real, like a healthcare provider.

We can't tell you why you are having this discharge for sure (neither than Yahoo, clearly, especially since a person who hasn't done anything that could possibly create a pregnancy can't be pregnant, or having spotting while pregnant).

Are you using the birth control pill or other hormonal methods of birth control? If so, it can be a side effect of those.

Or, it can be light spotting sometimes some people get with ovulation.

Or, it can be due to abrasions from manual sex or masturbation.

Or, it can be a symptom of an infection.

But the only kind of person who could have a chance at accurately determining for sure is a healthcare provider who you see in person.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samantha212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, yahoo answers is never the place to look..

Hmm I'm not too sure what it could be as I'm not on any form of birth control at the moment and if it's an infection it's definitely not an sti, do you think I should see a healthcare provider or I should wait and see what happens?

--------------------
Samantha

Posts: 15 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything else going on with this at all? Any pain or discomfort, any other symptoms or health issues or concerns of any kind?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samantha212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing else I don't think, I did engage in a little manual sex a few hours ago but the spotting seems like it has been present for longer? Could that be the cause?

--------------------
Samantha

Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Samantha!

Again, we can't know for sure the reason for your spotting, only a healthcare provider IN person can tell you that.

Like Heather said, it could be for manual sex, yeah, but it could also be just because where you are at your cycle.

But if it worries you too much, a healthcare provider is a good next step [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samantha212
Neophyte
Member # 108460

Thanks for helping me [Smile] The clarification it's not pregnancy spotting eases me a bit and I think I'll just wait it out and see what happens [Smile]

--------------------
Samantha

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.