Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » URGENT! Chlamydia?!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT! Chlamydia?!!
ashkir18
Neophyte
Member # 108609

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ashkir18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently being treated for Chlamydia. I was given Azithromycin 500g. I was to take two pills on Monday, September 30, 2013 and my symptoms are much much better almost all gone, I no longer have a burning sensation when I urinate and my pelvic pain is gone the only thing is I have a slight burning sensation in my vagina as if it were a bit irritated. I am supposed to take the second dose tomorrow. I am very worried because last night I saw my boyfriend and we didn't have sex but I did stimulate him with my hand, he wanted to ejaculate on my vagina but i wouldn't let him but for a split second the head of his penis kind of touched my clitoris I pushed away very fast and I didn't have any vaginal fluid around that part it was dry. Although I am on my period but I was wearing a tampon (don't know if that is an influential factor, good or bad). Is it possible he now has Chlamydia too? I need help URGENTLY!! I'm really really worried I might have given it to him! [Confused]
Posts: 2 | From: united states | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Often, when one partner is being treated for Chlamydia, a healthcare provider will prescribe treatment for the other automatically. That's because if the two of you have been engaging in genital sex together, it's often a given you both already have it, since a current partner is most likely who you will have contracted it from in the first place.

So, first things first: was he also recently screened for Chlamydia? If not, he should do that anyway, regardless of what happened last night.

If he had direct, unprotected genital contact with you last night, then yes, his comntracting Chlamydia from you if he hadn'talready was a possibility. If that contact wasn't direct or was some kind of brush-by, that's not very likely, but again, if you two have been sexual together for a while, he should be screened anyway, since he may already have it.

You'll also want to be sure that for the next couple months you use safer sex practices with sex regardless (until you both go and get a full STI screening in another few months and both get negative results), which hopefully your healthcare provider talked with you about when they diagnosed you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68211 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashkir18
Neophyte
Member # 108609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashkir18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth is our relationship was in a rough spot these last few months and I contracted Chlamydia because of someone else. He has not been screened for ST I's before nor after being with me. It was actually some kind of brush-by, the head of the penis just touched the upper part of my clitoris. I know I shouldn't have had any type of sexual encounter with him until finishing my treatment but he said since I was on my period he only wanted me to stimulate him with my hand while looking at my vagina hence the accidental brush-by (sorry for being so explicit I just want to be thorough) so I thought that maybe there could be no harm in it. Although he did touch one of my but cheeks with his penis before that but since Chlamydia is spread by fluids I believe that is not something I should worry about, or should I? (Again I apologize for my explicitness)

--------------------
ashkir

Posts: 2 | From: united states | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay to talk candidly here, no worries.

So, the thing is, if you two are being sexual together -- per contact with your genitals -- or have been, then he needs to be screened, because chances are good he probably already has it if you have had that contact with him since you were with this other person.

I'd also say if he doesn't know you contracted an STI, that's information you should strongly consider giving him just from a standpoint of ethics. We all deserve, I think, to know what risks we may or may not be taking with sex when we can know, and deserve the right to make those choices informed ones.If and when we're with a partner we have an agreement to be exclusive with and they aren't honoring or haven't honored that agreement, I'd also say we deserve to know that because we all should get to choose if we're okay with that and still want to be in that relationship or not.

So, so I can walk you through whatever needs be walked through here, is it that he doesn't know you were with someone outside your relationship, doesn't know you had unprotected sex with them, doesn't know you contracted Chlamydia? One or more? All? Something else?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68211 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Did I lose you there?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.