Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Can sperm go through wet swimsuit bottoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can sperm go through wet swimsuit bottoms?
KTWU17
Neophyte
Member # 108594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KTWU17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last period was September 14th. The incident happened on September 28th. My cycle is usually around 35 days, so I should ovulate October 3-5. We were in the shower and I had on a bikini. He ejaculated and it hit the middle my of thigh and the top of my bathing suit bottoms. we NEVER had sex it was never close to my vagina at all. After it happened I didn't know what to do so I just stood under the water. (when it happened I was not fully in the water) I took next choice one dose to be safe 18 hours later, but after we got out of the shower I washed down there with soap and water. 6 days later I woke up with a light brown discharge. Does this mean the pill worked? Could I become pregnant by this?I have read that by taking the morning after pill before ovulation you have no risk of pregnancy, and my odds are even less because we never had intercourse. Does the water kill the sperm? It was warm but not hot. Help! freaking out!
Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was no direct genital contact, so you did not have a pregnancy risk. There was no need to take EC.

You also cannot predict your ovulation unless you chart your menstrual cycle by taking your basal temperature and checking your cervical mucus daily. However, this is a moot point as you did not have a risk.

A common side effect of EC is irregularities in the menstrual cycle, so it is very likely that this is the reason for the spotting you are experiencing.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KTWU17
Neophyte
Member # 108594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KTWU17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!
Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.