Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » bleeding after masturbating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding after masturbating
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is hopefully not a real emergency but as it's a little alarming, I kind of wanted to make sure I'm okay.

Was using a smooth vibrator, lying down in bed, left it in for a bit after I stopped and then pulled it out and felt warm liquid run down. I looked down and there was a fair amount of blood - not just on the toy or my legs or my hands - probably a good couple of milliliters. Enough to soak through the bedsheets quickly and leave some on top, enough for me to drip blood when I got up to get something to wipe myself up with. It also bled for about a good minute after, much as if it were the heaviest point of my flow during my period.

I know that irritation can be caused...sharp bits (didn't think my toy had any) or just dryness, and I was being rougher than usual, but I've never bled at all from this, only a little from a pap smear. I also didn't expect there to be so much - not just a few smears or sluggish bleeding over a period of time, but enough that it was probably measurable.

There's no pain. I'm not duly concerned as the bleeding's stopped or slowing down, but I wanted to make sure, and wanted to see if I should be taking care of this in some way.

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Destinee,

I can see why that might be a little surprising or alarming!

It's possible that there was a sharp edge on your toy or your fingernail that you weren't aware of, but in general a sharp edge (or lack of lube) isn't going to cause as much bleeding as you're describing. I'd definitely suggest keeping some lube on hand in the future, though. =)

Were you expecting your period around this time? I wonder if the contractions of orgasm couldn't act to move your menstrual flow a bit. I've heard anecdotal evidence of that happening.
If you aren't feeling pain and the bleeding goes away fairly soon, I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a good ways away from my period, not to mention I'm on the pill and so even when I have my bleed, the amount of fresh blood I get is nowhere like what I saw. That and I also didn't orgasm so I'm thinking that's not it.

If the amount hadn't been what it was, I wouldn't have been so concerned. I just didn't expect to randomly gush blood for a second and have a pretty good amount of blood coming still for half a minute later.

Did a bit of Googling and hit upon things that said to...apply stuff to vaginal cavity, alcohol, to prevent infection??? That sounds somewhat absurd, I thought, but I wanted to see if there should be anything I should be doing as some sort of 'aftercare' or just being careful with it or not attempting that for a good while longer...

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, your doctor would be the best person to ask here. The sort of "medical advice" that's available online is usually questionable at best and I certainly wouldn't be applying alcohol in your vagina without a doctor specifically telling you to.

It sounds like you'll be fine without any special aftercare, but if you are concerned you could call up a doctor to see if they think it's worth coming in.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

All right. Thanks. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.