Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » pregnancy scared. please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy scared. please help!
margaret11696
Neophyte
Member # 108565

Icon 11 posted      Profile for margaret11696     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really paranoid because I might be pregnant. I had my period last aug 15-17 and had manual sex after 8 days. As far as I can remember, the finger he used to put inside me was the same one that he used to wipe his semen off. Then, 27 days after, we had manual sex again but ended up having real sex. He used a condom.
Since aug 17, I haven't had my period which was due 8 days ago. I'm late.
Here's the question, am I pregnant? It's been bothering me for a week now.
When is the best time to have a pregnancy test? Can I buy test kits over the counter of a drugstore?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi margaret,

I'll first say that it is not very likely that you got pregnant this way, so hold your horses until you have taken a test. Periods can skip or be late for many reasons.

Usually taking a pregnancy test is recommended on the first day of when a period should have come or 14 days after the sex you had. From what you're saying it sounds like you could take it right away.

In most places pregnancy tests can be bought over the counter, but it may depend on where you live?

I hope this helps, please look after yourself. I'm sure you're scared but you are doing the right thing to look after yourself and looking to get a pregnancy test. Maybe you could do something nice for yourself, e.g. taking yourself out for icecream. Because it sounds like you deserve it.

Good luck!

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.