Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scared
143food
Neophyte
Member # 108485

Icon 9 posted      Profile for 143food     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

I've been so paranoid lately that i've done so much research on pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy related stuff, etc. I'm so terrified that I can't even sleep well.. and i'm hoping you guys could give me an answer to my problem. ): Back to the topic, my period ended about 6 days before this happened. Anyway, my situation is that me and my boyfriend had "sex" 3 days ago. All he did was put it in me 2 times, and for like what 6 seconds. I asked him if he has ejaculated, or pre-ejaculated at all and he said no I checked beforehand I promise. I've been so cautious and paranoid afterwards. All i've noticed so far in my body is bloating, and a little bit of discharge. I'm wondering if this is from ovulating or?.. I'm so terrified. Please give me an answer to my situation, I'm really hoping I won't end up pregnant I'm so scared.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi 143food, welcome to scarleteen!

We would describe what you've told us as a pregnancy risk... that doesn't mean you are pregnant. It just means there is a chance. I can't say if your dicharge of bloatedness has anything to do with pregnancy, it probably doesn't as it is only 6 days since you had sex.

I don't know if your boyfriend fully understands pre-ejaculate, but although it is far less likely to cause pregnancy than ejaculation (some people even use this as their contraceptive method, imperfect as it is) it doesn't really accompany an orgasm or anything that would be noticeable enough for your boyfriend to know if there was pre-ejaculate or not.

It may be advisable to take a pregnancy test, to make sure you're not pregnant and to make sure you have condoms available in future, just in case something like this happens again in future.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
143food
Neophyte
Member # 108485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 143food     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much. do you know how high and or low the possibilities are to get pregnant in my situation? if not it's totally fine. and yeah, im thinking about taking a test. is there a certain amount of days i have to wait to take the test so it could be accurate or could i take it now?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You used withdrawal as a method of birth control. You can see how effective that can and can't be right here: Withdrawal. Based on what you said, you used it perfectly.

Per testing for pregnancy, most tests require you wait until you have a missed or late period. If your periods aren't regular to know that, two to three weeks is usually an adequate time to wait until testing for most people.

[ 09-15-2013, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
143food
Neophyte
Member # 108485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 143food     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.