Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Do I have a reason to be worried or take plan B?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I have a reason to be worried or take plan B?
burgundyrose
Neophyte
Member # 108421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burgundyrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So today, I met up with my ex. Things got heated and we ended up engaging in sexual activity.

At one point, he removed my panties, but kept his boxers on, and, through his boxers, pressed his penis to my vaginal entrance. Basically, it was as close to having sex as you can come with boxers on; no actual penetration but close to it. He then proceeded to finger me and perform oral sex, and then went back to the humping around my vaginal entrance for a few minutes.

Also, this morning (Before our encounter) I noticed that my cervical mucous/vaginal fluids became eggy or very stretchy and stringy. Usually, this indicates to me that I'm around my ovulation point (my cycles are long and irregular , but I've always been under the impression that the thick, stringy mucous meant that I was ovulating).

Now, when he pulled away from me, he hadn't ejaculated at all, but I noticed that he had a wet spot of pre-cum on his boxers. I was also very wet while he was humping/fingering me, but I did not really notice the consistency of my fluids. I've read on here multiple times that sperm need fluids to travel through the vagina and that sperm can't travel through two layers of clothing, but in this situation there were my own vaginal fluids present, and only one layer of clothing separating us (his boxers, which had the wet spot).

Since he was so close to almost penetrating me, could it be possible that the sperm made it through his boxers and my own vaginal fluids (which, since I assume I'm ovulating, should technically be ideal for helping sperm find their way in, as I was told) provided the sperm with the fluids to swim their way in? Or could sperm have gotten onto my vagina and then made their way in through his fingering me?

I'm asking this as it happened today and I do have access to the plan B pill, although it is costly and I would have to go out of my way to get it. I know they say it's better to be safe, but I would rather not have to take it if the risk isn't that great.

So basically, I want to know if my situation puts me at risk for pregnancy and if I am in the position where I should need to take the plan B pill?

[ 09-05-2013, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: burgundyrose ]

Posts: 11 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Burgundyrose and welcome to Scarleteen,

As we make clear in this post, pregnancy is truly unlikely when clothing is involved.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

For more information, see this post: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000371/p/1.html#000000

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burgundyrose
Neophyte
Member # 108421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burgundyrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin, thanks for the link! So I guess this situation can be referred to as "dry sex" or at least that was the activity that came closest in my opinion since clothing was involved. It did mention, though, that pregnancy is unlikely unless there is only one layer of thin clothing involved... I suppose then that his boxers are thick enough to not be considered a thin layer? And the fact that my own fluids were involved doesnt pose any risk for exchange of bodily fluids due to the boxers being there (even with the wet spot)?
Posts: 11 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, what you're describing falls under dry sex. The risk in the small/thin layer as mentioned there is that sometimes a really small/thin article of clothing like thong underwear can get pushed to the side, allowing for direct contact. As long as the boxers stayed closed (and his penis didn't slip through the fly to touch you directly, for example), then that still counts as one layer.

Having contact through clothes with a wet spot (especially since he didn't ejaculate) doesn't pose a pregnancy risk, but we generally do recommend that if you're in a situation where you are just one layer away from direct contact, you may as well just put a condom on so that you won't have to worry so much about clothes staying in place. So that may be something to keep in mind for the future. =)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burgundyrose
Neophyte
Member # 108421

That's a huge relief! And yes, I think using a condom, even though there is that layer of clothing present, is still a good idea, even if it's just to keep a sound mind.

Thank you both, Robin and Molias for your help! You've made me feel way better [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.