Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Kept going and the condom slipped a bit. Should I be concerned?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kept going and the condom slipped a bit. Should I be concerned?
ScaredDude1234
Neophyte
Member # 108445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScaredDude1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there. I've had a recent scare, and I'm not sure how much of it is legitimate and how much is my own paranoia.

I recently had sex with a lady, and I ejaculated in the condom too soon, so I kept going for a few more minutes because she obviously wasn't satisfied yet. I then felt the condom start to slip around a bit, so I pulled out and called it quits at that point. When I pulled out, I also realized that it was starting to get soft as well. It didn't slip off completely - I think it only slipped forward and back about a centimeter. I don't know whether it was the ring part, shaft part, or both, that slipped. I only know that I felt it slip.

When I went to remove the condom, I noticed some fluid at the base of my penis. I also noticed that there were a few small white globs in my pubic hair. I'm not sure whether they were my semen or her vaginal discharge. I tried to smell it to determine what it was, but I couldn't tell - it wasn't clearly one thing or another. Before I removed the condom, the ring was about a centimeter or so from the base of my penis. When I did remove it, I noticed what I believe was some semen on the shaft. The condom was still intact, however (it had no obvious rips).

I don't remember whether the reservoir tip was still extended and full, or if it had been pushed back from the continued activity. I know that in the general case it's unlikely for semen to escape from the base of the condom. However, I also know that this is due largely to the fact that the semen is supposed to fill up the reservoir, which might not have been the case, as well as that slippage can cause leakage as well.

The condom was the right size (it wasn't obviously too loose). I don't remember whether I held the condom as I pulled out, but it didn't slide off any further as I pulled out.

I found out after the fact that she wasn't on birth control and wasn't open to any kind of after-the-fact contraception.

My concerns are these:
1) Given that I kept going and that the condom slipped a bit (but not completely off), what are the chances that some semen slipped out from the base of the condom? In other words, what are the chances that the fluid at the base of my penis and in my pubic hair was semen rather than sweat or vaginal fluid?
2) In the case that semen slipped out from the base of the condom, what are the chances that it could have gotten inside her vagina, swam all the way up, and gotten her pregnant? I know that there is some risk involved there - I'm wondering how likely it is.
3) From what I've mentioned here, would you be concerned in general?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi ScaredDude1234 and welcome to Scarleteen,

If the condom did not fall off or tear, you can know that it did it's job. It's not unusual to see fluid around the base of the penis. That's often vaginal secretions, lubricant, and/or sweat from the friction of bodies rubbing together.

For future reference, you will want to stop intercourse right after ejaculation, and change condoms. you also have the option of doing other sexual activities if your partner still needs or wants more.

Here's some more information on condom use:

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScaredDude1234
Neophyte
Member # 108445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScaredDude1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

However, is it not true that semen can leak out from the base if the condom slips around or if the penis goes flaccid before pulling out? How likely is that?

In the event that it did indeed get out from the base, what do you think the chances are that it could get on the edge of her vagina from the base of my penis, swim all the way up, and impregnate her?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The danger if the penis goes flaccid before withdrawal is that the condom will slip off entirely and remain in the partner. Like Robin said, a little bit of motion, and some fluid around the base of the penis, are common with proper condom use.

If some fresh ejaculate did make contact with your partner's vaginal area then yes, there could be a pregnancy risk here, but beyond that we can't know how likely she would be to get pregnant from that. But since it sounds like the condom did work properly here, it's really in your best interests to not worry too much about what's already happened and make sure you're aware of how to use condoms properly in the future.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.