Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy scare, no contraceptives available

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare, no contraceptives available
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Icon 9 posted      Profile for alisha40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and me were grinding against each other, he wore boxers and shorts while I had my underwear on. He came, and we're a little scared I might have a risk of pregnancy?
Can someone please advice? There was a damp stain on my skirt after which I'm sure was from his shorts after he ejaculated.

I live in the UAE, and we don't have contraceptive pills available here.

Please help me out, I'm very worried.

[ 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: alisha40 ]

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were both wearing clothes, you did not have a pregnancy risk.

Do you have access to condoms, so you can prevent situations like this next time? If not, it may be time to reevaluate whether now is a good time to be sexually active for the two of you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alisha40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a chance that since he came while I was sitting on his lap (so very near to my vaginal opening), even though I was wearing underwear and a skirt and he had his shorts on, that sperm may have mixed with my vaginal fluids?
Like I mentioned, there was quite a big damp spot on my skirt afterwards.
I'm expecting my period in 2-3 days, can I get back to you if it's late?

Thank you so much for addressing my concern, I'm definitely not going to have sex till I have contraceptive pills around.

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there were a risk of pregnancy, Joey would have made that clear. Sperm are pretty delicate little cells, and they don't just need to be near a vagina to cause pregnancy: they need the fluid that they're in (semen) to move, and they can't make it through layers of fabric.

If you haven't already, you might want to have a look at these articles to clarify how pregnancy happens and why what you're describing is not a risk:
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alisha40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry, but I was expecting my period today and so far my body has shown no signs of PMS, no cramps, nothing. I usually always also start breaking out on my face,but that hasn't happened either.
I know periods can be delayed by stress, and that I should wait for 2-3 days more but I'm really really worried now because my body isn't showing any signs of an oncoming period.

Is there anything that you can tell me that might help me calm down a bit? [Frown]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about doing some self-care?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/selfcare_a_la_carte

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Still haven't got my period, no signs of it coming too. Should I take a pregnancy test? I'm worried sick and really scared. :/
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

I also just noticed watery thin white discharge. Could this mean something?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a page about vaginal discharges for you: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

If you'd feel best taking a pregnancy test, then by all means, you should go ahead and do that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Took 2 tests today, and they were both negative. [Smile]
Thank you so much for all your support, just one last question? I'm 4 days late for my period, so this was the right time to take a test right?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alicia,

Do you keep track of the days your period arrives on? does your period arrive after the same number of days every time, or does the number of days vary each time?

Here is some information on pregnancy testing.

Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

I do keep a track of my period dates, and they are never more than a day late.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can certainly understand why it would be scary to have this period be later than your other periods have been.

It's really not unusual for periods to change their minds and do something different every once in a while though. Our bodies aren't machines, and there's a lot that goes into keeping all our systems functioning. Any little variation in that functioning can throw other things off. Here's some more reading about why periods might be late.

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

It's the 3rd of September today and I still haven't had my period. What should I do about this now?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Alicia,

There's really nothing to do except wait.

Periods are technically not considered late until it has been more than five days since the latest day one would usually expect one's period. Even then, periods can be later than usual for all sorts of reasons, and one just needs to wait until the period arrives.

Did you have a chance to read the article on missing and late periods?

--------------------
Robin

alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

I was supposed to get it on the 28th, now it's the 4th. I'm neither pmsing nor having cramps.
Could it be possible that I took a pregnancy test too soon?

I read them, I'm trying to avoid stress but I guess you know how hard it is. :/

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it'll help to look back at the beginning of this thread, when Joey and Karybu both explained that you didn't have a pregnancy risk in the first place?

We can't know why your period is late, but we can know that without doing something that carries a pregnancy risk, it's not late due to pregnancy.

Did you see that self-care article Heather linked upthread? That might be a good place to go to for ideas on how you can relax a little about this situation.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alisha40
Neophyte
Member # 108342

Just got my period.

I'd just like to thank all of you for being so patient and supportive, I know this may not seem as big as a crisis as some of the other posts here but my entire world had turned upside down for a few days, and I'm so glad I had someone to talk to.

You guys are great. Thank you again. [Smile]

PS: I've decided not to have sex till I can gain access to contraceptive emergency pills just incase, instead of relying just on condoms.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.