Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Pregnancy scares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scares
mpmg96
Neophyte
Member # 108400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpmg96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hii i'm sorry, now i just satarted a new topic... so I had sexual intercourse with my ex boyfriend the 31st of september, i was on my last day of ovulation according to my menstual calendar although it is a "estimation" it was protected and he never cum inside me, although because i was in my ovulation days i'm quite worried about that, we didn't have any type of genital contact until he had the condom on, he just fingered me and then he put the condom on. Im a little paranoid but i just want to know should i worry? i've asked some friends and they told me that if it was safe sex and nothing out of common happened i shall not although you never know... it was 2 days ago but I think I'm really scared... should I worry?
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, the "estimations" on most menstrual calendar apps are vague enough to be not very useful at all. One app that does ask for enough information to be helpful is Kindara, if you're interested in that.

If you used condoms correctly, especially if your partner didn't ejaculate in you, the risk for pregnancy is really quite low here. Here's some info about condom use which you may find helpful: Condoms

Also, here's an article with success rates of using two birth control methods at once; you can see that the effectiveness rating of withdrawal + condoms is 99.92% effective with perfect use and 95.95% effective with typical use: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpmg96
Neophyte
Member # 108400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpmg96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then it doesn't matter if i was ovulating or not? I'm still really worried [Frown] im not completely regular but i'm nor irregular either. Im just so scared i can't even handle it
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,

Given how scared you're feeling right now, it sounds like you could really benefit from some self-care. Here are some ideas for taking care of yourself: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/selfcare_a_la_carte

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.