Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Just a few questions.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a few questions.
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldenrush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

So, I'm going to make a somewhat long story short here. Last night, my boyfreind and I had sex. We used a condom and he did NOT "finish" inside of me. I have learned from past experinces that I should just avoid that, which I did. And since he did not finish in me, I gave him a "hand job" (sorry for the term, but I'm not sure what else to call it) he finished inside the condom from my hand job. Now, the only thing that is causing me SLIGHT concern is that after he finsihed, some of his seman leaked out of the condom. We checked the condom after and couldn't see any obvious tear marks or holes. I am pretty certain that the seman leaked from the base and NOT the tip. It would have been all over my hand had it leaked from the tip. . .

My boyfriend claims that he felt an air bubble that the seman leaked out of, as in it collected in the air bubble then leaked out as he was taking it off. Also, my hand job was a bit rougher than normal, and the condom was pretty dry at this point.

Just to make things clear, I'm really not at all concerned about a pregnancy risk here. I think that the condom might have just slipped out of place slighty from my hand job. Just, we have used condoms before and this is the first time one has leaked.

So my questions: Can a condom leak from the base without ripping or tearing? Should I take the morning after pill? It's not too late, but I'm only going to do that if there was an actual big pregnancy risk as I am NOT too overly concerned about this. I feel like I'm more prepared mentally for sex so I'm not so worried anymore [Smile] But yeah, this happened and I just have that question.

I aprreciate everything you all do! [Smile]

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Goldenrush,

I'm not sure I fully understand what it is you want to know here; condoms do sometimes end up malfunctioning, especially when there is more friction than lubrication going on, but that's not exactly anything out of the ordinary any more than it would be common sense.

I am not sure whether you are or are not worried about a potential pregnancy risk here, as you emphasize that you are "not at all concerned," yet ask if you should take the morning after pill. I find that a little confusing on my part.

Are you concerned about a pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goldenrush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay let me clarify! Sorry about that!

I'm only a little bit concerned, but not enough to cause worry or anything. I was just wondering if the morning after pill is necessary in this situation? I don't think it is because I truly do not believe that I was at risk here.

The only thing that causes me slight concern is why the demand leaked out of the condom after my handjob when that's never happened before? I know that if a condom breaks it will most likely be noticeable and obvious. We both looked at the condom and could not see any tears or rips. He never came inside me, which is why I'm not really concerned.

Question: can a condom leak without breaking? Or was there a high risk of pregnacy here. I really don't believe there was.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In terms of the morning after pill, I'd go with your instincts. If you don't it is necessary because you truly do not believe you were at risk, then that is what you should do.

As for the condom & handjob incident, I can't exactly explain to you what happened...simply because I wasn't there with the two of you when it occurred. But I'm willing to guess that it had something to do with gravity, your hand squeezing, and an (assumedly, since I didn't sit there and watch it happen) upright penis.

So yes, a condom can leak without breaking. If it bothers you, you might consider removing the condom next time and performing said handjob with gloves on. That way his semen can leak all over the place and you can remove the gloves after without worrying about getting semen on your bare hands.

--------------------

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Haha thanks. But I'm not worried about it getting on my hands. I could just wash it off.

But yeah, I think if the condom ripped or tore, we would have seen it because we both looked at the condom. I was just surprised that it leaked because that's never happened before. And just to be certain, if a condom does rip, it would be noticeable right? I'm pretty sure it is.

But the morning after pill is expensive and can cause negative side effects. So I didn't want to waste my money on it if you didn't think I was at a great risk for pregnancy, which it doesn't sound like you do

Thanks!

Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Or do you think I was at a high risk? Like I said, he never finished inside me and we are PRETTY sure the condom did not break. It just leaked for some reason. :/
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Okay, so this is starting to sound like a pregnancy scare question, something we get a lot here. You'll find your answer in the links below. Thanks!

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000366.html

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000363.html

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000358.html

--------------------

Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

I have read all those articles before. Yet you still have not answered my question:

I am not convinced that this I'll result I'm a pregnancy. I am just trying to find out if it poses a significant risk, which I don't think it does. I'm just trying to get YOUR opinion on this matter. I'm very aware of how condoms work.

Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

And I'm not trying to sound mean or anything [Frown] and I'm really not super worried about a pregnacy scare because I don't think there is one. The only thing that caused me a little bit of concern is that the condom leaked. But it did not leak inside of me not did he cum inside of me. We saw no holes or treats in the condom.

I'm only slightly a tiny bit concerned.

Thanks!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not describing a condom malfunction that happened while you were engaging in genital contact.

Since we weren't there, it's really not possible for us to say how and why semen came out past the base of the condom, but it sounds pretty clear, from what you're describing, that this happened when you were giving your boyfriend manual sex. Did you see the semen come back up the condo? Sometimes people see moisture around the base o the condom and worry that it's semen, when it's just sweat and lubricant. Is that a possibility here?

What I hear you describing is semen backing up out of the condom, not leaking out of the side or tip.

If the condom did not break or tear, then it did what it needed to do during intercourse.

Again, without being able to see what happened, that's really all any of us can tell you here.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Thank you so much! Tis was the information I was looking for! And no, it was definitely semantic because some of it dripped on the couch....whoops...but it did happen while I was giving him a manual sex. He did not finish while he was inside of me.

We both checked the condom and did not see any rips or tears and his penis was elevated when he came (sorry if too much info) he says he felt an air bubble that forced the smear to come out the bottom as he was trying to hold the base. But it did not leak from the tip.

I seriously don't think I'm at much of a risk here, if any, I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you! [Smile]

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

So I'm assuming you don't think this poses a great pregnancy risk? Doesn't seem like it
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly don't see anything to indicate a serious risk here, no.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goldenrush
Activist
Member # 108128

Thank you! I think all is well! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.