Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Scared...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared...
Luna Skyly
Neophyte
Member # 107822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luna Skyly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. I've never used this before. But it's 2:11am where I am and I have to go to sleep but this is keeping me up...
Me and my boyfriend had been dating for like four months... And we have been well, having sex. And right now, I think we screwed up. Now I could be crazy and it could just be me freaking out since I thought I was on my period...
We don't have access to condoms mostly because my mom doesn't even know its happening, and it's personally eating away at me... But the last time we did anything I was on my period. This was last night. And I think he slipped. But thing is, I made I giant mess last night, and now today it's all like pinkish and stuff. Now it could be my period ending. I'm irregular and I read most of the links in one of your pregnancy scares things like two weeks ago and then my period kicked in. We've only been doing this since the beginning of July... And he's been like pulling out and then jerking off for a couple and then doing it like that. But honestly now that I'm saying this I think I'm just freaking out and overacting. Which I've been doing all week anyway. Or at least for the last couple days. I'm sorry if this seems stupid of me to post this, but I'm just freaking out and I really just want to hear it from someone else. I think I'm going to stop having sex aft this because I don't want the scare. And if we do I want to use protection because if he screwed up... I don't know how I'm gonna deal with that. I really don't. I'm just... Freaking out. And the Internet really isn't helping when I looked up what the causes could be. Please if you have any info to help me, tell me please.

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Luna Skyly and welcome to Scarleteen,

I'm a little unclear about what you're asking here, so if I'm not giving you the answers you need, just say so. [Smile]

sexual activity of any kind isn't going to change how the period looks, unless there was an injury from sex that was bleeding, which would mingle with the menstrual flow and create more blood.

I think you're saying that you and your boyfriend have been using the withdrawal method and that you're concerned that he didn't pull out before ejaculation. If this is what you're concerned about, have you asked him whether he pulled out well before he ejaculated?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna Skyly
Neophyte
Member # 107822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luna Skyly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... I know he pulled out, but he likes to finish either one spot up or in my mouth and I think when he went to finish he slipped up and got a little in there. Thing being is it just scares me. I got scared cause of something likes his once before and then my period came along and we were all better and then two days ago during my period I think he slipped and yesterday it was like pinkish orangish and now today it's just gone. It could be my period ended and I could be mistaken and just paranoid. I'd also read somewhere that women like me with irregular periods sometimes false ovulate anyway and don't actually have an egg or something like that. I just want to know if there's any risk. Obviously there's risk having sex unprotected and even with the withdrawal method... But it just scares me because I'd never had my period die out like that before and websites claim it could be pregnancy or an infection.
Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your period wouldn't just stop after sex. That's not how the body works. Even if fertilization of an ovum (egg) does occur, pregnancy doesn't happen right away, so your period would most likely just continue as it was going to anyway.

Yes, there is always risk when engaging in vaginal intercourse without using birth control. The way your period is acting is not a sign that the risk is any higher.

Does this help?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna Skyly
Neophyte
Member # 107822

Yes it does. Thank you so much.
Just one more question. Is it true that having inter course while on your period can you transmit HIV?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone has HIV, they can transmit it during intercourse whether or not either person is menstruating at the time. For more information about HIV and how it's transmitted, this article will be helpful: The STI Files: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

If you and your partner aren't up to date on STI testing, it's a good idea to take care of that, as unprotected sex does carry a risk of STI transmission as well as pregnancy.

Posts: 1346 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chandlersmith
Neophyte
Member # 108396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chandlersmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone please help me, i have a question....my boyfriend and i were having dry sex and we both had clothes on. he had on boxers and sweat pants. i had on a very thin thong and spandex shorts. i was laying on top of him and when i got up i noticed that he had ejaculated because my shorts had a wet spot. i'm very worried that i am pregnant from this. is this even possible? can someone explain to me if this has ever happened?

--------------------
Chandler

Posts: 8 | From: dallas | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Chandler,

Can you please make your own thread for your question? You can do that by clicking the "post new topic" link at the top of any page.

Thank you.

--------------------
Robin

chandlersmith
Neophyte
Member # 108396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chandlersmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just posted my own question. i would love to hear some advice from you. thank you

--------------------
Chandler

Posts: 8 | From: dallas | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.