Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » No periods ever, unprotected sex, bleeding for a week.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No periods ever, unprotected sex, bleeding for a week.
memoi
Neophyte
Member # 108346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for memoi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I had unprotected sex last Sunday (the 18th) and it was my first time having sex. I don't have my periods yet (I had them once or twice 8 years ago but not since - this is a weight related issue but I'm working on it now). For a few days after the sex, I bled and had some discharge as well as being incredibly itchy. It was not a lot of blood but more than spotting. That stopped after about two days but yesterday (Sunday the 25th) I noticed that I was bleeding heavily and have been all day today as well. I took an ECP last Monday just in case. I don't think I'm exhibiting any other signs of being pregnant but I'm a little concerned. Do you think I should be? What's the next best step?

Kind regards,
Memoi

--------------------
Memoi

Posts: 2 | From: Paris | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plan B can cause irregular bleeding and spotting as a side effect, so that may well be what is going on here.

If the bleeding continues to be very heavy, however, or you are still experiencing itching, it would be a good idea to speak to a doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
memoi
Neophyte
Member # 108346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for memoi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you heaps! As I am travelling and currently in a foreign language speaking country for the next four months I have found it hard to get any information here. I appreciate your help [Smile] .

--------------------
Memoi

Posts: 2 | From: Paris | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.