Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Its very urgent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its very urgent
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry to have you guys troubled again and again, but I really need your help. I am trying to cover all the information as clearly as possible.

1. I didnt get my period on 4th august so on 12th I took the prescribed medicine for getting periods. But again I didnt get my usual period, only spotting started from 23rd.

2. In between I took two home pregnancy tests, both after 14 days of the supposed risk. Both the tests came negative.

3. My spotting didnt stop, so I went to doctor and was suggested ultrasound.

4. Ultrasound suggested PCOS. And if I were pregnant, wont it be able to detect it too? Since I went for ultrasound after more than 20 days of the supposed risk.

5. Doctor prescribed Krimson 35 and said spotting will stop in 3 days. Its 3 days now and spotting didnt stop, rather my periods started from yesterday.

6. Along with blood tissue pieces came too.

7. Now I am worrying my head off that did I have an abortion? How do I check? I had negative tests and yet is it possible to be pregnant without knowing? I am not experiencing any pain though.

8. Is is implantation bleeding?

9. Can I perform one more pregnancy test while on period?

Please help me. Please and just for the record, I dont have thyroid or sugar. But I am under a lot of stress since past two months for some personal problems.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oliveoil,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. As you've been in contact with doctors suggesting a PCOS and even though the medication hasn't worked, two pregnancy tests say that what you're looking at here is a health risk and not a pregnancy risk.

I strongly recommend you continue to work with your doctor here to address whatever the issue may be. They will be able to answer you much better than us.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my country, we cannot talk openly about this, since I am only engaged and not married as of now.

Could you please tell me, if I can perform pregnancy test while on periods?

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if you want to take another pregnancy test, you can do that while you're bleeding.

It's unlikely that you are pregnant, given that you have had two negative pregnancy tests, and that you, from the sounds of it, currently have your period.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can take a pregnancy test on a period.

However I'm not seeing any sign here at all that you are pregnant, rather that you are having an issue related to PCOS and it is that which you can pursue with your doctor, completely apart from pregnancy, if the medication they prescribed you isn't working... I might wait a few days longer... but in any case this is an issue you are already addressing with your doctor.

Other than what we have already said regarding pregnancy. We can't give you help on the actual issue which seems to be a tad beyond our expertise.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Thank you so much guys. I know you all do more than enough. I just feel secure coming here and talking to Scarleteen volunteers.

BTW does miscarriage bleeding hurt?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome.

What a miscarriage feels like will depend on the individual's body, and on when in the pregnancy it happens.

However, since you had negative pregnancy tests, it's unlikely that miscarriage is what you're experiencing.

You mentioned above that you had bits of tissue come out with the blood. This is usual for menstrual flow. The lining of the uterus isn't just blood, but tissue as well.

if the bleeding continues, I suggest going back to your doctor.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Yes I will go to doctor again. Thank you once again. Thank a lot.

I will however perform pregnancy test once again for my peace of mind.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.