Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help please!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please!!
Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acer123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and may I say quickly thank you so much for taking the time to look at my issue and helping me. It means so much. Okay so here is my problem. A few days ago my gf and I wanted to experiment how it felt for each other with sex. So I penetrated her and thats all. There was not alot of moving. I thrusted into her about 4 times and then pulled out because I was worried about not being able to stop. It wasn't for a long time either. This is without protection for the record. I didn't ejaculate either. I am worried about pre cum. I urinated multiple times before we did anything. Im scared about the possibility of pregnancy. Please help
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, Acer.

So, as I understand it, you engaged in intercourse only using the withdrawal method, which you used perfectly (withdrawing well before ejaculation, and in your case, without it). Do I have that right?

If so, you can take a look at this page which explains that method and how effective it is estimated to be: Withdrawal

STI-wise, withdrawal, however, offers no protection whatsoever, so you and yours will want to address that with testing and a discussion of those risks. As well, withdrawal is one of the two least effective methods of preventing pregnancy, so if a pregnancy is very much not something one or both of you wants or feels ready for, I'd say it's clearly time to talk about your options with contraception, as well as about safer sex.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acer123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you have that correct. I did not ejaculate at all. What should our next step be? Her period is soon so should we just wait for that or get a home pregnancy kit or get a pregnancy test? Whats the best option?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HPTs are most likely to be accurate after a missed period. So, I'd advise waiting until her period is actually late, if it winds up even being late at all.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Okay thank you. I also did tell her that I was worried about it and now she is concerned. Could stress and nervousness cause a late period? If it is late what is our next step?
Heather
Member # 3

Is her period actually late yet? Doesn't sound like it.

Again, I'd say your next steps are:
a) Waiting to see what happens, and then she can take a pregnancy test if she is late,
b) planning to get STI tests done in the next month or two, for both of you, and
c) Talking about more reliable, effective methods of contraception -- and safer sex -- for the future.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

No her period isn't late yet. But okay we will follow your steps. And we will defiantly be more safe now. Thank you for all your help. Its greatly appreciated!!
Heather
Member # 3

You're welcome. [Smile]

Did you want to talk about your other options when it comes to birth control, and how to practice safer sex?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Well when the time comes she will be on birth control and I will be using a condom. Is that our 2 best options other than just not having sex?
Heather
Member # 3

If you both feel good/okay about being sexual together, then by all means, the best way to still engage in intercourse but prevent pregnancy most effectively is combining two methods of effective birth control like, for instance, the birth control pill and condoms, or the IUD and condoms.

Using condoms also is how you get effective protection from STIs, especially when combined with both partners getting regularly tested.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Okay thank you ma'am we will make sure to stay safe from now on.
Acer123
Neophyte
Member # 108355

Oh one more quick question for you. Is it possible for a man to not pre cum? (Pardon my use of language)
Heather
Member # 3

If someone with a penis is able to ejaculate, then they're going to pre-ejaculate, too. That's part of the whole process.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.