Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Please Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Help
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 9 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will try to explain my situation in short. I hope you could help me in this. I was about to get my period on 4th August, but I didnt. I had intercourse with my husband on 11th august (which might pose a very minor threat, as his penis touched my upper vulva, he didnt put it inside n did not ejaculate either. very small amount of precum was there though). I took pills which can help me get periods, but still I didnt get. So I took pregnancy test on 22nd August and the result was negative. Can I trust this pregnancy test? I am not pregnant does that mean? Or you suggest I took test too early?

I am also getting brown discharge today. Does this indicate arrival of periods?

Please help :-(

[ 08-22-2013, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: oliveoil123 ]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You waited more than two weeks to take the test, so if you took it according to the instructions that came with the test, you should be able to trust the result.

I can't tell you about the brown discharge, also because I am not sure which pills it was that you took. Did you get them from a doctor? Did that doctor also tell you what to expect in terms of when to get your period, or possible side effects such as spotting?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you ! But i took the test in 11th day after the supposed risk. Is that ok?

And about the pills, I took regesterone, which has some proregesterone. And i took it for 3 days, 2 tablets each day. And as per my doctor I should have gotten my period wiithin a week. I started my pill on 12th august and took it for 3 days. I was supposed to get my period on 21st, but I didnt :-(

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I read that you had taken the test on the 4th, my bad.

No, 11 days after a risk is too soon to expect an accurate result. Mind, if we are only talking about a quick second of genital contact, the risk was minimal at best. But if you want to double-check with a test, you'll need to wait a few more days.

As for your period, I suggest you call your doctor and talk to them about this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ok.. And if I do pregnancy test again on 26th i.e 15th day from the supposed risk day, will it be ok then? Will I be able to trust test results then?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

The earliest you can take a pregnancy test for accurate results is at least 14 days after the risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Ok thanks a lot :-)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.