Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » Help please! Am I just stressing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please! Am I just stressing?
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 4 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dilema is this. I was intimate with my boyfriend on 6/28 and well we only did one thing but he did not use a condom. On 06/30 I started bleeding lightly and this lasted until July 8. I then got my period again on July 19TH and it lasted until the 24th. Now my question is this,, can I be pregnant? Because I have not gotten my period yet now in august. Is it because I got it twice on july?

--------------------
GUERITA.:***

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As well, that day that I was with him, I did take abirth control pill that day after being with him

--------------------

Posts: 22 | From: ARIZONA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again: I'm sorry to see that you're still engaging is sex without using condoms, both in terms of your health, but also because you've been scared like this before because of that choice.

We can't tell you if you are pregnant or not. Only that, as you know, you took a risk of pregnancy, and that it sounds like you have had your period, so pregnancy, if you had, would be something you could rule out.

But the way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test.

Would you like to talk about why it seems you're having trouble engaging in sex using condoms and making other choices with sex that help you to reduce risks you clearly are not comfortable taking?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67207 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand and yes I know it is my responsibility engaging in having sex without protection. Now in regards to me being pregnant, it couldnt be possible correct since I got my period a month later? For birth control, I actually was taking it since I was having problems with my period and do I always have to be taking it? I do understand I need to be more firm asking him to use protection. I will not allow it anymore.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I have already said, having had a menstrual period, pregnancy does not sound at all likely, but the only way to accurately determine if someone is pregnant or not is via pregnancy tests, be they home tests you do yourself, or tests via a clinic or private doctor.

If you want your birth control method of provide protection from pregnancy, you will need to use it consistently, so if it is something like the pill, then yes, you always need to take it.

Do you need help knowing/learning how to set limits with partners when it comes to condom use and sex in general?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67207 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millionthoughts
Neophyte
Member # 108202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millionthoughts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi can you please tell me how to post something on the emergency and crisis board I need to ask some questions. Please and thank you.
Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Millionthoughts,

There's a "new topic" button at the bottom of the Emergencies page; if you click that, you will be able to start your own thread.

Posts: 1158 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millionthoughts
Neophyte
Member # 108202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millionthoughts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I found it thank you very much. I posted my question. How long does it take for someone to reply?

Thanks.

Posts: 19 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Hello again,

Just a quick question. Is it normal for me to feel bloated and have stomach pains and cramps. I have not yet gotten my period this month but usually i get it on the first or end of month. I cant be pregnant because it seems i got my period twice in july and when i had unprotecter sex i took a bc pill righr after

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

I can't tell you what's normal for you, but stomach pains and stomach cramps generally indicate something is the matter, be it gas or hunger or an illness or any number of things. How long has this been going on?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

GUERITA1125
Neophyte
Member # 39595

Icon 5 posted      Profile for GUERITA1125     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Well usually when Im about to get my period I get bloated but this bloating has been going on for about 2 weeks.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the bloating has been going on for that long, and is causing you pain, discomfort, or both, then it's time to see a healthcare provider. Do you have a healthcare provider you can make an appointment with?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.